[WIP] Skyrim: Global Evolution

Bongfu

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a download up, I dl'd it a few days ago although I haven't given it a try so I'm not sure what all it has. Curious as to why it was removed / he was banned as well.

Looking forward to this mod, RTS for Fallout 3 / NV was great. It'll be a bit before it's ready, though. Doubt they can do much without Skyrim's Construction Kit which I believe comes out in January/February.

well look, it sounds ambitious, but i think it could be done. there's a large enough collection of buildings that a roadhouse could be upgraded, bit by bit, into a city. i mean that's what happened in whiterun is it not?

It most certainly can be done, it has been before for Fallout 3 (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7070) and Fallout: NV (http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36922) except this is a different group of people developing it.

We won't see many huge strides for this mod until the Skyrim Construction Set releases, though. Still, it'll be worth the wait. Hopefully his whole being banned issue is sorted out - granted it wasn't because of something major.

Well, I'm one of the voice actors for the mod. I'm in email contact with Bongfu so I'll ask him if he is sorting out the ban situation. If he cannot come back here for whatever reason, PM me and I'll update you as to the status when things start moving and the home of the mod if it cannot be posted here.

Well, I'm one of the voice actors for the mod. I'm in email contact with Bongfu so I'll ask him if he is sorting out the ban situation. If he cannot come back here for whatever reason, PM me and I'll update you as to the status when things start moving and the home of the mod if it cannot be posted here.

Bongfu and SgtPepper were banned as a result of a misunderstanding between the admins and them. As far as I know, their ban appeals have been rejected, so we can only hope that they will continue the mod elsewhere. I have seen some of the stuff they were doing with the Pre-CK method of using the GECK and I was super excited(I am a real life friend of Bongfu). Last I spoke with him, the rest of the team is pretty disheartened by this incident. Bongfu said he may go ahead and release a mod project he had been working on since before SGE. (check daftmuse.net, his personal website, there is no more mention of SGE). However, he said that he is going to continue planning and gathering a team for a big project in the future, one possibility is it will be SGE or something very similar.

If you have any questions or comments, PM me and I can do my best to answer them through him.

Well I hope you guys/ he get it worked out! Downloaded what was there from the nexus a while ago and it was pretty awesome even in that state. I've already spawned in a few little villages/hideouts all over my skyrim and was sooo looking forward to getting ahold of some new architecture and items to spawn in :( . Best of luck and once again I hope you guys get it sorted out, I think this is the best idea for a mod I've seen so far. It has been awesome to, alongside the questing and s***, build my own little town and grow it as I do, instead of just buying some static house in one of the cities. This is something they should have added more of in skyrim to start with. Things that you can actually, legitimately change. The only quest I've done so far that has actually changed anything physically in the world aside from the military campaign was the eldergleam one. I need to be able to affect my environment Bethesda!