Wasters Scarf to Fallout 3 ?

MistressLollipop

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a way to kinda import my New Vegas character into Fallout 3 and the Wasters Scarf mod happens to be one of my favorite mods. Problem is it doesn't exist for Fallout 3 (or i can't find it) and I saw the creator of the mod saying he is not willing to import it.

If anyone would be so kind and to help me import this awsome mod, I would be forever grateful.

The mod can be found here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35597

(Also, if it's not too much trouble does anyone know if it's possible/will anyone be willing to do the Advanced Riot Gear for Fallout 3? Or, does anyone know of a mod with armor that looks similar to it? )

Hope you guys be willing to help, thanks!

Edited by MistressLollipop

I'll see what I can do

Edit - the advanced riot gear is vanilla fnv, and can't be ported. You'll have to learn to make mods yourself if you want it in fo3. The permissions on the scarf aren't free, but I can just make the esp and not include the resources, which means you have to download the original mod

Edited by FakePersonality

The permissions on the scarf aren't free, but I can just make the esp and not include the resources, which means you have to download the original mod

Editing the esp is easy enough but whenever I try and do so it seems that the texture of the scarf f**ks up in game.

I understand resources permission is needed for editing, but I'm not quite sure what you mean .. editing the esp without the resources and downloading the original mod? I've never really tried modding anything before so sorry for being a n00b at this point. Does it mean it's possible or nono?

Thank you so much for your help :)

Basically, to port anything from New Vegas to Fallout 3, if it is included with the Vegas source files, one would have to get permission from Bethesda.

And that ain't gonna happen.

If, on the other hand, you release an esp that needs resources from Vegas, and include instructions for legitimate users of Vegas to move the stuff over from their own files into Fallout 3... that can be and has been done.

Edited by Jeoshua

If, on the other hand, you release an esp that needs resources from Vegas, and include instructions for legitimate users of Vegas to move the stuff over from their own files into Fallout 3... that can be and has been done.

Let me get this right.

Uploading files from the original game such as resources ect. is against BSA's guidelines/illegal but doing it for personal use (say doing it but never uploading the mod/files/armor/whatever anywhere) is legal?

I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.