Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

In response to post #43634075. #43634095 is also a reply to the same post.

Raedme wrote: so wait sec, ur telling me that the mods on this page wont work with the special release? u gotta be kiddin right?
HisssssLizards wrote: It's a different version of Skyrim, and so they changed the file format. (Bethesda) So all the mods have to be converted to work with SkyrimSE.

I´ve been searching a while but could not find a tutorial of how such a conversion is made. A help would be appreciated.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43634075. #43634095, #43637565 are all replies on the same post.

Raedme wrote: so wait sec, ur telling me that the mods on this page wont work with the special release? u gotta be kiddin right?
HisssssLizards wrote: It's a different version of Skyrim, and so they changed the file format. (Bethesda) So all the mods have to be converted to work with SkyrimSE.
RichinoL wrote: I´ve been searching a while but could not find a tutorial of how such a conversion is made. A help would be appreciated.

For most mods, it'll be as simple as the author just opening up their mod in the new Creation Kit and saving it again. For other mods there may be minor issues or new incompatibilities with the SE changes. Anything that requires SKSE will have to wait until SKSE updates for the SE.

In response to post #43631580.

Syq111 wrote: Its just me guys that i am such ignorant or that greatly advertised graphical improvement is the god rays some blur and 40 watts more energy consumed??

Indeed, it's just you. Skyrim SE has the potential of growing even bigger than Skyrim ever has

In response to post #43635285. #43635430, #43637520 are all replies on the same post.

wtfbruhh wrote:

Whats so special about the Sp edition? its Graphics isn't it cant you just mod the original game to make it HD

freakiertruth wrote: The special edition's engine is 64-bit. This means the 4GB memory limit that caused hard crashes on the original skyrim is nonexistent now, there is no limit to system resources useable by the game. It is FAR more stable. The game now uses Directx11 as well which means more advanced effects with less performance impact.

Essentially, it's a huge upgrade for modding. The added visual fidelity and general game stability is nice for anyone who plays without mods though as the vanilla game does look quite nice now.
Syq111 wrote: 64 bit engine and dx11 features who u will stop notice after 2 minutes??XD

Syq111: yes if you had stable Skyrim, no if you had occasional CTDs due to memory limitations. Also modders can go much more creative and crazy with their work, providing stable mods that would cause instant CTDs in original skyrim.

In response to post #43639900. #43640060 is also a reply to the same post.

MistahGrizzly wrote: the special edition is a beast !!!!! now my question is did someone try to use armor and weapons mods from the original game ?
gordon761 wrote: I did, also CBBE. So far they all work.

thanks for the answer now is time to get in my favor armors and weapons !!!

In response to post #43582735. #43584850, #43585475, #43588440 are all replies on the same post.

tincan0678 wrote:

I can put my worry's to rest as well now that I know that I can have both SSE and Skyrim Legendary Edition in my library as well, I also wanted to know if SSE will also have it's own Creation kit to download Via Steam

Razgreaz wrote: In case you haven't found out yet there is a new creation kit for SSE, not sure where one would download it as i'm not a modder.
grc472 wrote: It should be available on Steam in the Tools list, but last I checked it isn't there yet. Hopefully they'll put it up on Friday.
bman011 wrote: it will be under bethesdas.net laincher same with fallout 4

I read, that it will be about a week more for the creation kit.

It's really a shame people don't 'Get' it this is exactly what we've been waiting for it's a huge stability and capability upgrade for modding this rebuild means if you mod more fps more mods for the same system AND it will be twice as stable even if you don't mod that's less chance your 600 hour save self destructs. the only downside is a lot of mods will have to be ported to it if they aren't simple texture / model replacers or config adjustments.

In response to post #43635285. #43635430, #43637520, #43638435 are all replies on the same post.

wtfbruhh wrote:

Whats so special about the Sp edition? its Graphics isn't it cant you just mod the original game to make it HD

freakiertruth wrote: The special edition's engine is 64-bit. This means the 4GB memory limit that caused hard crashes on the original skyrim is nonexistent now, there is no limit to system resources useable by the game. It is FAR more stable. The game now uses Directx11 as well which means more advanced effects with less performance impact.

Essentially, it's a huge upgrade for modding. The added visual fidelity and general game stability is nice for anyone who plays without mods though as the vanilla game does look quite nice now.
Syq111 wrote: 64 bit engine and dx11 features who u will stop notice after 2 minutes??XD
Anupew wrote: Syq111: yes if you had stable Skyrim, no if you had occasional CTDs due to memory limitations. Also modders can go much more creative and crazy with their work, providing stable mods that would cause instant CTDs in original skyrim.

I have insane amount of mods about 340 and enb boost with reduce memory not experienced crash even with running 500 scripts at once.Still waiting for conversion of mods that i using.Expecting at least 25% of them never converted hope i am wrong.50% of mods that i using relies on skse so till skse wont update till i wont touch SSE
Anyways i expect something better from Special Edition.
At least its good chance for consolers to get some mods but they have limits wich is not cool at all:D Edited by Syq111