Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

In response to post #43643155.

DrLkrD wrote: Glad I got it for free!!!!!
Special Edition looks like CRAP!!!!!
Bethesda needs to employee Chesko, Boris and all the other modders who have made the game so beautiful and better..............
First trees look 10xs smaller, fog or haze everywhere even when looking into the distance there is a haze so you can't really see the mountains. Over saturated with Orange and did i say haze. Looks crisp and clean in immediate area sometimes but distance wise it is a hazy feeling, Did I mention the haze??????? Oh during the day it is a bluish haze in the distance........did I mention haze?????????????????????????????????
I come out of the Helgen cave expecting to see a vast Forest and a Forestry feeling and I'm like where are all the trees???????????????? Did they actually shrink them????? Oh you added the crappy vanilla foliage everywhere??? Even in WhiteRun........walking up the steps and seeing the Orange or Reddish fern crap on both sides. No grass just the same crappy orange, reddish, brown stuff they call grass.
And some strange light around the candles.
What about the water??????? Crap absolute Crap............Wish there was Purity. At least with RealLike ENB and Purity and LE my water looks Crystal Clear.............
and what is with the specs in the snow......it makes it so unimmersive........
No wonder we PCers get the game for free from Steam.......This is just the first 20 minutes or so of the game and was already ready for an ENB........
The only saving grace and I applaud Bethesda for is the 64-bit.
Even Enderal looks better than SE

I am running
AMD A10 7870 4.29ghz processor
Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu
8 gigs ram
4K tv for Monitor

You are a godsend. Thanks for having an actual report with factual evidence from first hand experience. Bethesda expected this game to get a harsh criticism from the PC community, so it was good they made it free. But they also knew the lowly pleb bottom-feeder console peasants would milk this game like they did in 2011. I call it a money grab.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43643155.

Bethesda needs to employee Chesko, Boris and all the other modders who have made the game so beautiful and better..............

First trees look 10xs smaller, fog or haze everywhere even when looking into the distance there is a haze so you can't really see the mountains. Over saturated with Orange and did i say haze. Looks crisp and clean in immediate area sometimes but distance wise it is a hazy feeling, Did I mention the haze??????? Oh during the day it is a bluish haze in the distance........did I mention haze?????????????????????????????????

I come out of the Helgen cave expecting to see a vast Forest and a Forestry feeling and I'm like where are all the trees???????????????? Did they actually shrink them????? Oh you added the crappy vanilla foliage everywhere??? Even in WhiteRun........walking up the steps and seeing the Orange or Reddish fern crap on both sides. No grass just the same crappy orange, reddish, brown stuff they call grass.

What about the water??????? Crap absolute Crap............Wish there was Purity. At least with RealLike ENB and Purity and LE my water looks Crystal Clear.............

No wonder we PCers get the game for free from Steam.......This is just the first 20 minutes or so of the game and was already ready for an ENB........

I am running

Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu

8 gigs ram

4K tv for Monitor

You are a godsend. Thanks for having an actual report with factual evidence from first hand experience. Bethesda expected this game to get a harsh criticism from the PC community, so it was good they made it free. But they also knew the lowly pleb bottom-feeder console peasants would milk this game like they did in 2011. I call it a money grab.

what can i say, 1st time launching the game, crashed, i forgot a controller connected, i could not get out of menus, they didn't even have proper indication of what buttons i could use,also is it me or they new start screen ui is slower and half done?

In response to post #43634075. #43634095, #43637565, #43638200, #43652445 are all replies on the same post.

Raedme wrote: so wait sec, ur telling me that the mods on this page wont work with the special release? u gotta be kiddin right?
HisssssLizards wrote: It's a different version of Skyrim, and so they changed the file format. (Bethesda) So all the mods have to be converted to work with SkyrimSE.
RichinoL wrote: I´ve been searching a while but could not find a tutorial of how such a conversion is made. A help would be appreciated.
BOXMAAAN wrote: For most mods, it'll be as simple as the author just opening up their mod in the new Creation Kit and saving it again. For other mods there may be minor issues or new incompatibilities with the SE changes. Anything that requires SKSE will have to wait until SKSE updates for the SE.
Raedme wrote: ah so i need to wait before i start the game then oh well fallout 4 for the current time...

whats the acronym for that going to be now? SKSESE, SKSE'SE, SKSE-SE, SKSESESKSESESESEKSSKSEKEKSKESKESKESKEKSKEK?

In response to post #43639900. #43640060, #43640195, #43645510 are all replies on the same post.

MistahGrizzly wrote: the special edition is a beast !!!!! now my question is did someone try to use armor and weapons mods from the original game ?
gordon761 wrote: I did, also CBBE. So far they all work.
MistahGrizzly wrote: thanks for the answer now is time to get in my favor armors and weapons !!!
MistahGrizzly wrote: mods from original skyrim doesnt work with special edition !!!

Not all of them will work right out of the box. But there is quite a lot that do.

In response to post #43646145. #43646420, #43646535, #43646585, #43653915 are all replies on the same post.

ShadowBlinder wrote: The only one thing i don't like is that i must complete once the game without modding it just because they locked the achievement if u mod the game... however since they knew people put mods everywhere in this game, they could let achievement unlockable also with mods on, don't you think?
aryan826 wrote: there is a mod to make achievements ulockable :D
ShadowBlinder wrote: can u link me that mod pls xD
Bob100 wrote: 0_o

who cares about achievables? I guess I'm the only one who doesn't...

In response to post #43643155. #43654780 is also a reply to the same post.

I am running
Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu
8 gigs ram
4K tv for Monitor
Camilla118 wrote: You are a godsend. Thanks for having an actual report with factual evidence from first hand experience. Bethesda expected this game to get a harsh criticism from the PC community, so it was good they made it free. But they also knew the lowly pleb bottom-feeder console peasants would milk this game like they did in 2011. I call it a money grab.

Dude, be glad they didn't change too much! By only changing core engine systems, it shouldn't be too hard to port over all the existing mods, while significantly increasing performance. Since all the mods we currently have already provide extremely high-quality textures, there's no need to do that all over again (plus it allows for more customizability). I agree that it's not much use to new players, but come on, it's a free update.

Huh?? If this is supposed to run off the F4 engine why does it look like crap???

it looks like dog crap. I have tweaked my graphic card, setting on Ultra and my 4k tv and it still looks like dog doo do.

Five o clock shadows on the ladies when they face certain directions. The Face shadow problem seems to be back on the character.

Walking through Falkreath I notice the trees are SMALLER.....why did they make the trees smaller???? I wanted to get lost in the forest and have that forestry feeling..........

Going through Bleak Falls and it is the same vanilla lighting????????????? or Helgen???? No distinction of shadows??????

Darker dungeons or Further or RLO made the dungeons look better......

What God rays???? Oh Boy...........I turned them off..............

Yes I know it is 64 bit but the thing is I learned to run the 32 bit stabilize it, run 200 gigs of mods and never have crashes or stutters. And it looks amazing......on a 150 graphic card.........

Finally upgraded my grapic card to a 1060 geforce gtx and LE looks phenomenal and F4 running on 4k monitor..........

I am stoked about the possibilites of the 64 bit but this is what it looks like?????????

What a let down!!!!!!!

Sure it looks different but it does not look better.............

In response to post #43643155. #43654780, #43657270 are all replies on the same post.

I am running
Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu
8 gigs ram
4K tv for Monitor
Camilla118 wrote: You are a godsend. Thanks for having an actual report with factual evidence from first hand experience. Bethesda expected this game to get a harsh criticism from the PC community, so it was good they made it free. But they also knew the lowly pleb bottom-feeder console peasants would milk this game like they did in 2011. I call it a money grab.
MartyK911 wrote: Dude, be glad they didn't change too much! By only changing core engine systems, it shouldn't be too hard to port over all the existing mods, while significantly increasing performance. Since all the mods we currently have already provide extremely high-quality textures, there's no need to do that all over again (plus it allows for more customizability). I agree that it's not much use to new players, but come on, it's a free update.

Yeah, I would have paid for SSE and still would have been happy since I mod it anyway. Free is a bonus.