Request - Remove all Beartraps from the game

X12crni1810

Hello,

I have a problem with beartraps but I would like to play Skyrim. I had the same problem with Fallout 3, that beartraps "ruined" the game.

I would be very thankful, if someone create a mod, which removes all beatraps from the game.

Bumping is against the rules. If we allow indiscriminate bumping then the first several pages of every forum would be nothing but bump bump bump.

You get a strike for not reading the rules and all of your bumps removed.

Bben46. Moderator

If this is a visual thing then it may be possible to replace them with another model (swapping models by renaming them) I don't know which one would be suitable however (some clutter presumably). But that wouldn't remove the effect of the trap and it may cause some weirdness (since the traps can open and close -I haven't checked but I assume there are two different models).

You can use the FO3 Archive Utility to open BSA and extract the files you need.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34

Hm, you are right.

I didn't bear in mind, that it can open and close. ^^

Is it not possible just to remove the bear traps with the TES Construction set, like other objects in the world? I never worked with the construction set.

Deleting objects may cause issues later on (you remove references and you may introduce compatibility issues).

I haven't looked into this because I'm waiting for the Creation Kit to mod the game and I think the best way to go about it would be to make an esp rather than switch models (it should be possible to disable the traps so they don't work anymore and then make them invisible). Sorry I can't really help at the moment.

I haven't looked into this because I'm waiting for the Creation Kit to mod the game and I think the best way to go about it would be to make an esp rather than switch models (it should be possible to disable the traps so they don't work anymore and then make them invisible).

Would you do it for me, when the Creation Kit is released?