Remember MGS

Andy2090

MGS:TTS for GCN was even better, and included things that weren't in the original PSX game. MGS4 looks to be hit in '08 (despite it being released only on PS3, and my disdain for the system altogether).

Oh yea...MGS is one of the best stealth games...i couldn't resist i just played it and played...

...Everyone who didn't played it,i have one word to say...take game pad and play! ...(well not really one word... :biggrin: )...

• 2 months later...
Yeah, I think the Twin Snakes was great as a cross between solid one and two. However, I think we are all overlooking the fact that playing the original Big Boss is just the coolest thing imaginable. Plus, the heavy story (emotionally) in three, really gave sense to why Big Boss would become what he did. Did anyone else see the G4 special on Kojima? Apparentely, Kojima and Miyamoto were riding the same bus home one day, when Miyamoto says, (paraphrasing)"you know, you should make a Metal Gear for the Gamecube" Kojima: "OK", and then they made Twin Snakes. I am completely serious, that's how long the conversation was. Freakin' awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

Ohh yes.. I played the original Metal Gear Solid on PC - 'till the disc was worn out! Fantastic game, one of the best in my opinion. Played Metal Gear Solid 2 on Xbox - good, definitely, but just not capturing the brilliance of the first MGS. :)

Hmm... I should go do some VR Missions. ^_^

I agree to an extent. Twin Snakes is a nice port/upgrade, but that's about it. The worst new features are the redone cutscenes which were lifted straight out of the Matrix. None were terrible on their own, but all were very silly. Like Snake running on a moving missile. How funny! But in all, these ridiculous scenes totally spoil the story's pathos which makes me run back to the PSX version for a more serious adventure. You can barely adhere to the drama while Snake's jump-kicking grenades.

I was also really confused when I first brought up the codec to save(on Twin Snakes), and Mei Ling had no accent at all! A small change but I was under the impression that the same voice actors were brought back. So why were the three ladies with accents changed to have none?

• 3 years later...