Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Hello! I'd like to give it another week, let another 3 or 4 people finish the game, see if anything else shakes out. If that happens faster than I expect, will try to have the final version out for next weekend.

Also - 1000th post!

Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for your work man.

I just continued a save from years ago and will finish it (it's using 1.99.13. BETA version) and when I do, I will give your newest fix pack a go.

I would gladly just patch it right now, but as I read, it's not recommended to use fixpack on a saved game.

Just figured out the version I was using is not from you, but from a guy named "gastank", called "Dragon Age Rules Fixpack".

Now I have a question. Do you have any of following implemented in your fix pack, or is it considered more of a tweaking which you don't do ?

1. Automatically apply party buffs to new summons and resurrected party members!
  2. Item set bonuses apply immediately when party members are swapped in! No need re-equip!
  3. Autolooting of randomly generated treasure without bringing up loot UI!
  4. Party Rogues will automatically help out with lockpicking & disarming trap after you fail!
Edited by Dangrath

Maciej: There will be at least a couple of things. One change I intended to make that I did not get into v3.01 in time is:

This fix is being moved to the REDACTED section:

RD002: "Rescue the Queen": (v2.0) You can get into a fight with Ser Cauthrien, "kill" her, and loot her sword. If you are then killed/captured by the rest of her group, you will meet her again just before the Landsmeet. That has not been changed: it's quite possibly intentional that she was revived in the same way your own party members revive after being "killed" if your party doesn't actually lose a battle. However, if you looted her sword during that first fight, she will now no longer have a second copy of that unique sword when you meet her again, she will instead have a normal red steel greatsword. (originally RQ012 in v3.0 BETA): Much credit to ViktoriaLanders of the Nexus forums, who pointed out: "If you get Cauthrien's sword mid-fight but then lose the fight and end up with rags in prison, isn't it normal that Cauthrien's men will retrieve the greatsword and return it to their boss?" Clearly. Kudos, didn't think of that. And there's no way to get Captured! with Cauthrien dead, therefore, RQ012 is being replaced with a more logical fix to the issue.

The new RQ012:

RQ012: "Rescue the Queen": If you "kill" Ser Cauthrien and loot the Summer Sword from her, and then proceed to lose the fight and get yourself Captured!, Ser Cauthrien survives (because her remaining team members can revive her, just as the party's team can be revived until they all die). Therefore, the Summer Sword will be returned to Ser Cauthrien rather than placed in the player's inventory chest during Captured! In this circumstance, she will have the sword when she is met later at the Landsmeet. Note for completionist players that there is still a use for "killing" her and getting the sword during the "Rescue the Queen" fight: this allows you to get the sword's associated codex entry without having to permanently kill her at any point in the game.

I will also get the two lothering chantry codex entries not giving xp fixed in the final version, because it's virtually impossible for those to mess up anything else.

Oh, and the Oghren awakening diminishing returns gift fix will be moved so that it will be included as part of the automatic Post Campaign Save, and will also take effect for players who get themselves killed in the final battle.

Nothing else currently on the plate though. If I've forgotten anything else, hopefully someone will let me know.

Dangrath: Those are tweaks, which I don't do, and even if they were fixes, those are the sort of bugs that would fall under the "combat mechanics" category, which I also don't do. Whatever mod that is should be compatible though (precisely because I avoid doing those kind of bugfixes). The biggest file incompatibility with those kind of mods to look out for is player_core.nss/.ncs. If the mod you're working with doesn't have that file in it, it should work fine.

Edited by Qwinn

Ok, so those 3 things I mentioned in the last post are done, tested, documented and good to go. If any other emergencies were to pop up, they won't delay getting a quick release out. I'll still wait till a few more people finish and the beta can be declared done before doing a release though - the fewer total versions released, the better, and hopefully the next one won't be BETA anymore.

Any other progress reports to be had?

Edited by Qwinn

@Qwinn; Ok, finished (several times now.) Used BETA 3.01 for the last run, picking-up from a save made right before the DR in Redcliffe Castle.

Got the proper "Alistair and Anora walking side-by-side" up to the dais for the coronation, so: Glad!

But afterwards, going into Witch Hunt and trying with several saves: (1) the game's auto-save "Epilogue", (2) a manual "Post-Coronation" save, (3) a manul save made right before stepping onto the roof-top for the final battle (just to see), and without speaking to her once after the DR (except the unavoidable "Farewell" at the Gates, during which she still referred to me as "my Love") ...

Didn't get the "Because I love her" response option at the start of Witch Hunt, so: Sad!

Oh well. I guess I'll always have my first WH playthrough where everything worked, but wish I could make that magic happen again. (Although my absolutely favourite bit in all of DAO/TSP/RtO/DAA/LS/GoA/DCWMNBN/WH is the little head nod the Hero of Ferelden gives Dog at the end of WH if you let Morri go through the Eluvian alone. Amazingly poignant, without a single word.)

I dunno what it could be then. If you had the breakup conversation, STILL_IN_LOVE should have been set. If you didn't, the romance should have remained active and IN_LOVE should have been set. I can't see how Witch Hunt could be looking for anything else... unless it had a gender check added in an update.

Question: did you put the equal love files in /packages/core/override? If you didn't, it may not be functional in WH. Maybe that's what you did different way back then.

Incidentally, was the da:o epilogue for Morrigan as expected? Did you get the ring epilogue both ways?

Edited by Qwinn

Hi,

You're going to be on to Ver 5.0 before I finish the Circle tower :smile:

Anyways,

LO010: "The Qunari Prisoner": Restored a bugged interjections by Leliana in the party's first conversation with Sten.

Is this one of them?

"To be left here to starve......not even a murderer."

If you end the first conversation with Sten in the cage (agreeing to free him) and then restart it, this line plays at the end of at least 2 subsequent conversations (as long as there are conversation options available in addition to "I will leave you be").

It also plays in subsequent conversations if the conversation ends with anything other than "I will leave you be". Which can also happen multiple times.

-Maybe she really wants to make her point, but it seems a bit excessive.

LO011: "The Qunari Prisoner": Restored Leliana's interjection when threatening the Revered Mother.

-You also fixed the missing -15 approval? That's a notable decrease. Maybe add a few words to LO011 to keep the min/maxers informed?

-Her lines also take precedence over Alister's (vanilla) lines so those don't play. It's not just an add, but an add and subtract. Which seems more like a tweak than a fix. Could they both play in sequence?

Cheers