Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Er, I seem to have run into a rather big issue: when leaving Arl Eamon’s estate after the Landsmeet has started the gates are still closed. It's definitely the fixpack, as uninstalling it fixes the issue. In other words, I’m stuck. This might be a bit problematic...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the swift response, I'm currently reading through this 100 pages long thread and most of my questions are already answered. I noticed you fixed the high strength requirement from Gorim's Sword. Another instance of an item with too high requirement is the helm from the Tower Guard during the Tower of Ishal quest, admittedly not as big a deal as the sword.

Crap. I'm on it, TB. I'll package up everything I've done new and fix that issue and re-release the beta soon as I can.

EDIT: Okay, figured it out. Just needed to add one stupid set of parentheses and it all works. Bah. So, still packaging everything up for a rerelease, cleaning up the readme with the new stuff, etc.

This has taught me that I shouldn't have tried to add new fixes (no matter how tiny) while the beta was ongoing, and should have only fixed stuff in my own work. Not a big deal for anything so far, but going forward, I'm going to leave off any new fixes until the beta is over. Do keep reporting them though! I'll just make a TODO list for anything that should wait until it's over.

Edited by Qwinn

CRAP. Still not entirely fixed.

Here's the situation: In the vanilla game files, that portcullis outside of Eamon's estate is actually -two- portcullises. Two different placeables, one in the upright position and one down, overlapping each other. In my attempts to reduce overhead and crashing (and working under the educated presumption that overlapping placeables makes the engine cry), I removed the open one and just tell the area file to open the closed one. Well, I just figured out why they did it the way they did. The companion pathfinding can't deal with the open portcullis. If you individually select and control your party members, you can get them across the open portcullis, but if they're just auto-following you, it'll continue to stop them as if it's still closed. There's no flag that can let you turn physics off on a placeable, so I can't fix it that way. Looks like I will have to reimplement the open/closed portcullis thing as it was originally.

Just added this on the sticky post at the POSTS section of the mod:

Okay, gamebreaker detected. The gate outside of Arl Eamon's estate won't open after you've initiated the Landsmeet. I've fixed the problem and will be re-uploading the fixpack shortly as version 3.01, so if you were just about to download it, wait a couple of hours. (Note that if you use this new version 3.01 and are using a save game after entering Denerim on 3.0, the open portcullis will simply be gone. New games, it will show in the open position. The terrible, terrible price of playing one of my betas. My apologies.)

In addition to fixing the gate bug and the Mardy issue, these are a bunch of brand new fixes going in (note that many existing fix numbers have changed, as the new fixes were inserted into the existing order. Whatever code a fix has once the beta is done, though, will not change thereafter. Also, don't try testing the new fixes if you're on a save game from 3.0, it may create odd results.). None of these are a big deal or should break an existing beta game:

Removed core-en-us.tlk and many plot files and includes that were automatically generated by the toolset but are not necessary. This should help with compatibility.
Changed to Anora's codex entry will now display properly in Awakening
Redacted LO005
Inserted GL005, CM002, LE016, MO011, ST015, WY006, WY007, LO019, BF010, BF024, CT025, CT026, RE003, RE009, OR028, CA004, LA008
Corrected or extended DN001, AL003, MO018, DE001, OR041

Tested the Deygan fix and it's working well, the player, Wynne or Morrigan can heal him now if they have the necessary healing abilities.

I think I'm good to go for uploading 3.01. Should be up within the hour.

Okay, v3.01 is up. Let me know if there's any issues replacing v3.0 with v3.01. And Totabalance, I'd appreciate acknowledgement that your issue was fixed. You may need to reenter the estate and exit again to get the portcullis to go away. Let me know if you can see it in open position, btw (I'm guessing not).

Can you see the bottom of the gate? Or is it gone entirely?

And just to reiterate - I probably won't be adding any completely new bug fixes until the beta is done. Any additional updates till then will be only to fix issues caused by my mod. This is just so I don't have to run around like crazy trying to get all the new stuff completely finalized in order to get something serious like the gate bug out the door. And also because resorting all the fix codes is a huge pain.

Keep reporting anything you find tho, I'll keep track.

Edited by Qwinn