Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Qwinn; I experienced the same "Portcullis stays down" issue that Totalbalance reported. But I was trying to make sure that it wasn't just "my other mods" that were causing it. Glad to hear you've addressed it! :thumbsup:

Wow, Thandal, you're up to the Landsmeet already too? Cool. And no issues in Brecilian / Circle / Redcliffe / Haven / Denerim / Orzammar otherwise? This is still going remarkably well, then, despite the gate flub (sorry, btw) Edited by Qwinn

@Qwinn; Yeah, no other glaring issues. And since I use the "Anywhere World Map" mod, hopping out of the Estate to continue the game wasn't an issue. Actually, I'm into DAA now.

Did miss the "Anora swatting Alistair's hand away" Coronation cutscene, (maybe due to a Hardened Alistair this time?) but all the other "joint-rule" dialogues seemed correct.

(And unsure if my Morrimance-with-DR carried forward. Using "Equal Love" to suppress the gender checks, so my DF Rogue had Morri at "In_Love" through the Final Battle...)

Why unsure? Did you get the expected epilogues?

And that means no other unavoidable gamebreakers to the end! Cool! Who knows, maybe v3.01 can actually be the post beta versiom, if nothing else comes up.

Thandal, since you finished, can you give us some info on your run? What was your race/class/gender again, who is king/queen, did you kill Loghain, who did ritual, etc. Would help to know what combos have been tested to the end.

What mods you found to be compatible would be helpful too.

Edited by Qwinn

"Did miss the "Anora swatting Alistair's hand away" Coronation cutscene, but all the other "joint-rule" dialogue seemed correct."

Wait, what? You had them rule jointly and didn't get that? That's major in my book if so. Which of the two other coronation scenes did you get then?

EDIT: Arrrrgh, never mind. I see the problem. Why the hell did the vanilla script have a variable called "bAlistairDead" that is in fact set to the value of the variable "ALISTAIR_DELIVER_SPEECH"????

I'm not going to create a whole new version for this fix, will just fix that issue and reupload right now. Thanks for the report!

Edited by Qwinn

Played a Dwarf Female Commoner Rogue. Played with the "Equal Love" mod (to suppress gender checks with companions) and the "Polygamey" mod (to suppress multi-romance aggro until late in the game. Removed it, and broke-up with Zev and Leli before heading to Redcliffe for the dénouement.)

Convinced Alistair and Anora that their joint rule was the best option.

Executed Loghain myself during the Landsmeet after defeating him in single combat.

Agreed to the DR with Morri, (got the "Come, my love, let us make this a night to remember..." dialogue.)

Had Big Al, Morri, and Zev as the final party.

Am "unsure" about the carry forward of the relationship because, in my second (and all subsequent) playthroughs, I've used the "Equal Love" mod which allows my female Warden(s) to romance Morrigan. In that (oh so many years ago!) playthrough, she recognized and acknowledged our relationship when it came to the final decision point in Witch Hunt.

But... when I've used the MRP mod, (and now the QUDAOFPB v3.0) there have been problems with that particular relationship flag in subsequent Witch Hunts. I can tell by starting Witch Hunt and playing the first scene up to the point of talking with the Ariane, the Elf hiding in Flemeth's Hut.

When she asks why I want to find Morrigan if, "Because I love her" isn't an option, there's a problem! :laugh: (BTW: Ariane's response to the "I love her" prompt is: "Ah. They say she is beautiful, but I have never heard anyone claim she is capable of love.")

Okay, I did a quick emergency patch to v3.01 for the coronation cutscene thing. Didn't make a new version, just replaced the v3.01 fixpack with that one issue fixed. If you're one of the 20 or so people who downloaded v3.01 earlier today, and you have both king and queen due to be crowned, please reapply the fixpack. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the details on your run, Thandal. Did you do that test with Morrigan and Witch Hunt and have that "Because I love her" not come up this time with my fixpack? In other words, have you verified there's a problem yet?

Also, what was your overall impression? Fixpack success? Fixpack fail? Enough new restored content and fixes to make the new playthrough worth it? Oh, and how did hardened Alistair play for you through the Landsmeet? Better? I know that was one of the things you were most looking forward to.

Edited by Qwinn