Annoying Aura/Glow around Characters and Objects.

Lunyra

Same here. Doesn't bother me that much so I haven't checked whats causing it exactly. Still, I have a suspicion it might be caused by the iCCC FXAA injector I use or the ENBSeries graphics patch. Using any of those?

Edit: Found a potential fix on the Bethesda Skyrim forums. The problem sounds very similar to yours and mine, and some people say the fix works. Only difference is that your screenshot shows the outline occurring in 3rd person, while this fix is for the the outline bug which only occurs in 1st person.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1313582-weaponhand-outline-in-1st-person-view-while-using-aa/

Edited by MadWizard25

Tested a couple of things but none of them do the trick.

Things that didn't work:

- Adding fNear1stPersonDistance=0.0000

- Disabling FXAA PP Injector (Completely uninstalled)

- Turning off Super-Sampling

- Turning off MSAA

Edited by SvarogNL

Tested a couple of things but none of them do the trick.

Things that didn't work:

- Adding fNear1stPersonDistance=0.0000

- Disabling FXAA PP Injector (Completely uninstalled)

- Turning off Super-Sampling

- Turning off MSAA

Disable ambient occlusion.

I'm stumped. Tried disabling FXAA injector, disabling ENBSeries patch, even forcing AA/ AF in RadeonPro/ CCC. Dont use AO either. No change, still have outline. At least this shortens the list of possibilities. Either its a patch issue, a mod issue, an ini tweak, or something do do with the video cards we have. So...

1. What video card do you use? Mine is Radeon HD 6750

2. Using any mods? I have something like 130 mods, so i don't exactly want to disable each one by one to see what it is. If you don't use any other mods apart from FXAA injector then its not likely some texture mod is causing it. Otherwise it could be some mentioned below, let me know if you use them.

a) A character mod like XCE, or any nude mods.

b) A armor mod like HD Reflections or High Resolution armors.

c) Any sort of animation fix/ tweak like casting or 2h animations redone.

d) Shadow ini tweaks; I have used the Improved Medium Shadows ini tweaks.

3. Finally, what patch version are you on? I'm on 1.3, but i think I saw the outline glow in 1.2 as well.

Also found this quote on some forum;

The glow/outline is controlled by the function "iShadowMaskQuarter=3"

Maybe changing this value in SkyrimPrefs.ini gives the glow. Have you changed this value?

This quote was on a youtube channel;

That 'halo' thing appears to be affected by the fshadowbias setting.

Edited by MadWizard25

• 3 months later...

Right i figured it out.

When you set iBlurDeferredShadowMask to 0 the Aura/Glow is gone. But that means shadows are no longer softened.

Confirmed. Did set it to 0 and got rid of it.. and to my surprise, the shadows don't even look bad with it on 0, as long as the actual shadow resolution is tweaked up.

(iShadowMapResolution=4096, iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096, iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=4096 in my case.)

Anyway, thanks :)

• 11 months later...