Power Armor assisted weapons

CalebRagnarok

A co-worker of mine had an idea that I thought was very good. He commented that certain heavy weapons should only be usable when in power armor, such as the gatling laser or broadsider. After discussing this idea, we thought that the gatling laser should connect to the power armor and use the onboard fusion core. Weapons like the Magnum Rifle mod should be next to unusable without the assistance of servos. The mini gun should slow a person not in power armor down and most heavy weapons should have more recoil when the user is not in power armor. We envisioned a whole slew of weapons that either plug into the power armor or have some kind of connecting device to the armor for stability or other such perks.

Anyone else agree with us?

I'm thinking of energy weapons that tether to the power armor to use the onboard core. If carried by a person not in power armor, the weapon uses its own power, but when equipped with power armor it gets some kind of damage boost or less charging time. Guns like the grenade machinegun from NV would get more stability, and guns like a 20MM cannon wouldn't be usable without the added strength of the armor.

That's an idea that I would absolutely love ! :happy:

Also... you remember In " Fallout 3 " and " Fallout : New Vegas " ,when we had these kind of ammo bag in our back, when we were using an heavy weapon, like the gateling laser and the minigun ? How about an option in the "Power Armor crafting" allowing you to have, instead of a jetpack, an ammo bag of this type ? I can immagine some options to make it logically possible... but I have absolutely no idea if they are technically possible :

1st ) - The bag is connected to the armor in such a way that only this weapon is usable, but will offer a greater ammo capacity, a greater stability, and a greater fire power... in other words : your Power armor become a "permanent Heavy class" [ And by permanent, I of course mean : until you unequip the ammo bag of the Power Armor ].

2nd ) - The bag allow you to use the weapon [ grenade machinegun, minigun, ect. ] as some kind of "special device", like the jet-pack allows you to make a long jump. Using the command change your current weapon into the equiped heavy weapon. Using this device will consume pre-required bullets and loaded into the bag, but will also drain energy more rapidly.

3rd ) - To me, it seems the more "easy" to realise : Putting a bag on your power armor allow you to use the heavy weapons like the rest of the weaponry... BUT the down side is that you cannot use heavy weapons untill you can use this upgrade for power armors. [ unless you reach some level of perk allowing you to do so... ]