Kill Brynjolf

Elec1

Actually you don't have to talk to him at all, nor do you have to do the little chore he assigns you. You just have to know where to go.

Anyway thanks :) This will hold me until the CK comes out and someone makes a mod that removes his invincible (not just essential, but invincible) tag.

Hey, no problem.

I too long for the construction kit. I really want to see a quest to take down Brynjolf, the Thieves Guild and Maven.

While I may not play as the most righteous character I just can't stand how immoral the guild is in this game.

Riften is a really nice place and I would like to wipe away all traces of the Black-Briar family and their corruption.

Did you do any of the Dark brotherhood quests? They make the thieves guild look more innocent then the kids at the Riften orphanage. Anyway, great idea and I too long to take care of this guild once and for all. I'd like to see a mod also be able to destroy the college of Winterhold and the companions as well, just so it's fair. They kind of played favoritism making it so the dark brotherhood was kill-able, but none of the other guilds. Either make none of them kill-able or all of them to make it fair, so it's gotta be all :P.

Did you do any of the Dark brotherhood quests? They make the thieves guild look more innocent then the kids at the Riften orphanage. Anyway, great idea and I too long to take care of this guild once and for all. I'd like to see a mod also be able to destroy the college of Winterhold and the companions as well, just so it's fair. They kind of played favoritism making it so the dark brotherhood was kill-able, but none of the other guilds. Either make none of them kill-able or all of them to make it fair, so it's gotta be all :P.

I agree completely, it is a role playing game and you should be able to play it as you like.

The best thing about Fallout New Vegas was that you could hand pick your friends and enemies, no one was essential.

We need a mod to make Skyrim as in-depth.

Actually, in my opinion, the Thieve's Guild is worse than the Dark Brotherhood. At least the Brotherhood has tenets and rules, and they respect their own, not talk down to them because they're simply a money-maker. And they don't have the hypocrisy of ass-kissing to that insufferable b**ch, Maven. OH, and on top of that, the Dark Brotherhood doesn't terrorize an entire bloody city just cause it'll make them rich. No, they do their job, nothing more.

Either way, yeah, I wanna punch that Brynjolf a**hole in the face. Just the fact that Bethesda had the sheer audacity to make it to where, if you didn't know Esbern was in the Ratways, you had to play an evil character for a segment.

I can't wait until the CK comes out, and there's a mod to take Maven Black-Briar down about 20 pegs (Oh, and taking over Riften with the Imperials doesn't oust her ass either)

I think that there MUST be a quest allowing to take down Brynjolf, the Thieves Guild and Maven. It is not interesting just to kill them by console. I would also love to see Maven decapitated in public or do it myself.

Hmmm....stole a letter {forget where} I think it's called "concerned citizen" ...not sure. But it says something about marking your stall with a white X and a representative will contact you........about getting rid of the TG in riften.

Anyone know anything about this? is it a possible quest??

About killing Brynjolf....I want someone to make this mod: http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/521800-respect/ Ya won't be killing him but at least it'd be something to get "satisfaction"...It's like I hate 95% of the npc's in this game....and Elisif is the only one that is actually nice ....and sweet too ...have tasted her on many nights. tc.

Hmmm....stole a letter {forget where} I think it's called "concerned citizen" ...not sure. But it says something about marking your stall with a white X and a representative will contact you........about getting rid of the TG in riften.

Anyone know anything about this? is it a possible quest??

About killing Brynjolf....I want someone to make this mod: http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/521800-respect/ Ya won't be killing him but at least it'd be something to get "satisfaction"...It's like I hate 95% of the npc's in this game....and Elisif is the only one that is actually nice ....and sweet too ...have tasted her on many nights. tc.

I read that letter about the white cross as well but unfortunately no such quest exists.

Bethesda left the perfect set up for an anti-thieves guild quest but they never put it in, hopefully someone makes use of this.

I also found it annoying how hostile the people of Skyrim were to me for no reason, I traveled the land helping people left and right yet everyone still talked to me like I was garbage.

While most of the NPC's in this game are really horrible I was able to find one follower that was actually friendly which definitely improved the game for me.

It is nice to travel the lands with someone who actually respects you at your side, having Derkeethus take out a few bandits from the shadows with his bow before I even reach them is not only helpful but also adds a feeling of comradery to the game. The land of Skyrim seems significantly less hostile when I have Derkeethus commentating on the amazing view when I reach the top of a tower or humming that little tune he does whenever I remain idle for too long.

Skyrim definitely needs more friendly NPC's because I am sick of people like Maven and her family walking all over me and everybody else.

• 4 months later...