How to get off thieves guild quest?

reisalomao

You don't have to do the quests they give you. Just pretend it isn't there. What's the problem?

This. I keep hearing people complain that you can't drop quests in Skyrim (which by the way is the answer to your question OP - you can't), but I don't see what the big deal is, just ignore it. I mean if you have OCD or something and 30 lines of quests is threatening to give you a heart attack I guess I see where you're coming from, but otherwise why not just ignore the quests you don't want to do? I have like 12+ quests I accidentally picked up and have no intention of ever doing so I just don't pay attention to them.

You can't cancel a quest, so either wait on a mod to let you, or get that OCD treated. ;)

While there is no way to cancel quests currently, you can at least prevent the quest from entering your log beyond getting a single line in the Miscellaneous section, where it is easier to ignore.

When Brynjolf makes his pitch to you, click through the forced responses til you can say "You mean illegal?" - choose that option and you will only have "Learn more about Brynjolf's scheme" in your Misc quests, without actually getting the Thieves' Guild entry quest. At the least this helps reduce the clutter on your primary quest tab.

Quit telling us to just ignore the quest log. Some of us would like to be able to clear out their quest log without having to do certain quests. Other games do this, why can't TES?

That's no excuse. It should be part of the game. I'm getting really tired of this trend lately were the developers either add content that should have been in the game in DLC, or don't include things at all making you have to either go into the console or create a mod for it. Bethesda was just plain lazy with this game.

Quit telling us to just ignore the quest log. Some of us would like to be able to clear out their quest log without having to do certain quests. Other games do this, why can't TES?

That's no excuse. It should be part of the game. I'm getting really tired of this trend lately were the developers either add content that should have been in the game in DLC, or don't include things at all making you have to either go into the console or create a mod for it. Bethesda was just plain lazy with this game.

i couldn't cancel quest in morrowind so they've always been lazy. now you know the conspiracy so now you must die!