For those whose SSE keeps crashing.

Ambrosezero

Was wondering why my SSE kept crashing every few minutes into the game until I read this comment from this site was able to fix it this way.

http://thisgengaming.com/2016/10/28/skyrim-special-edition-is-literally-unplayable-on-pc/

"You need to disable touch keyboard process for winodws in task manager to stop the crashes." - Grant Wood

After I did that my game stopped crashing! Hope this helps others.

This did absolutely nothing for me. It was never running it to begin with; I must've disabled it when I first started using Windows 10.

I consistently crash trying to get off the wagon (character creation), with zero mods installed. Fresh game, verified integrity, downloaded new graphic drivers, did everything I could think of. I've seen posts indicating that the wagon crash, in particular, may be related to the official high resolution textures -- if so, I'm hooped. There's no way to disable them with the Special Edition.

Was wondering why my SSE kept crashing every few minutes into the game until I read this comment from this site was able to fix it this way.

http://thisgengaming.com/2016/10/28/skyrim-special-edition-is-literally-unplayable-on-pc/

"You need to disable touch keyboard process for winodws in task manager to stop the crashes." - Grant Wood

After I did that my game stopped crashing! Hope this helps others.

this worked for me as well somehow. on win10.

The whole crashing during character creation issue has been around since regular Skyrim, it is because the game loads all the assets required for all the races at once. Skyrim had a SKSE fix for it, but seeing as we don't have SKSE for Special Edition yet we are kinda boned unless Bethesda sorts it (it should never have made it into SE though, so I doubt they will).

• 10 months later...