Are Mod Creators done with Original Skyrim?

lalalauncher

I think the appeal of SSE to modders is the 64bit and the potential of what it may allow us to do-- push the limits a bit more. However, many mods rely on the support of other mods such as SKSE, SkyIU and even mod resources. So, until those tools are ready, then modding will be limited.

I also don't like the look of SSE (at least the exterior), but I wasn't surprised with that as it pretty much looked bad in official trailers. It looks like yellowy smog outdoors a lot of times, but maybe lighting mod fixes will address a lot of those downsides.

I do think modders will be hindered by the visual downsides to SSE. Modders love Skyrim because it gives them opportunities to mod, not play the game. That is how most of us spend our time on this game.

Once the creation kit is released and SKSE is updated SSE will be what everyone uses.

The complaints are the lack of mods......SSE cant compete with heavily modded skyrim. That will change in time.

3 months or so from now once SKSE and SKU UI are updated and the new NMM that tannin is working on is released....SSE will be the main game supported by modders. SSE is definitely a better more stable platform. It will just take time for everything to be figured out.

Once the creation kit is released and SKSE is updated SSE will be what everyone uses.

The complaints are the lack of mods......SSE cant compete with heavily modded skyrim. That will change in time.

3 months or so from now once SKSE and SKU UI are updated and the new NMM that tannin is working on is released....SSE will be the main game supported by modders. SSE is definitely a better more stable platform. It will just take time for everything to be figured out.

It's honestly too early to make such claims. "It's 64 bit, it can handle more." can only be tested with full mods and full scripted mods running, which right now is not possible. Also, the Script engine has not updated, it's the same script engine. There are also reports of new bugs in addition to the old bugs. This is a discovery period, nothing more.

When it can be tested on full load we will have a more clear view, spawning 1000 bandits is not a proper stress test.

I doubt that the modding community will give the remaster the same juice as when the original game was released but, modding skill-set overall is much improved now due to the massive support and resources published since the original's release, so I think we'll get some good stuff going.

Edited by NexBeth

It's honestly too early to make such claims. "It's 64 bit, it can handle more." can only be tested with full mods and full scripted mods running, which right now is not possible. Also, the Script engine has not updated, it's the same script engine. There are also reports of new bugs in addition to the old bugs. This is a discovery period, nothing more.

When it can be tested on full load we will have a more clear view, spawning 1000 bandits is not a proper stress test.

No its not. It will definitely be much more stable.

People (like me) are only complaining now cause its basically a slightly improved vanilla skyrim. The benefit is the 64 bit engine. Once modders catch up it will definitely take modded skyrim to new heights.

This was really released tho to bring mods to consoles and a quick easy cash cow for bethesda.

People (like me) are only complaining now cause its basically a slightly improved vanilla skyrim. The benefit is the 64 bit engine. Once modders catch up it will definitely take modded skyrim to new heights.

This was really released tho to bring mods to consoles and a quick easy cash cow for bethesda.

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/72850#All

Average of 35-50k players for 5 years and the numbers have not dropped when SSE released, nor did they drop a day later. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I do not speak on behalf of the millions of Skyrim PC owners, but you are presumptuous, especially for someone who has been a member on nexus since July 2016 almost 5 years after Skyrim was released. Please to not speak on my behalf.

I tried to like SSE. I really did. But, its just, so, f***ing ugly.

I've heard whispers about the essentials, like SKSE and Sky UI. Apparently, it could take months, even years, to update these things. Also, Boris the ENB dev hates DX11?

I want to stick to Original Skyrim, but I'm worried that content creators are done with it and everyone will jump ship.

Thoughts?

At least 2 of the BIGGEST whales have made the transition and prolific with their mods for both PC & console. aka

Lord Arthmoor, Most DREAD Bug Slayer and the Mighty Frost Demigod Lord Chesko :laugh:

And if I recall correctly, Chesko DID mention something a while back in his twitter feed. Something about having found a way to run Frostfall? Or was it Campfire? WITHOUT a SKSE dependency. If this is true then the console gamers can rejoice. For it was from they whom Beth did bestow SE upon.

If modders are "done" with the SE version, it will likely be the challenges in transitioning their mods over to Beth's site. Especially now that Steam is out of the picture as a 3rd party mod host (I guess this increasingly justifies my paranoia on the conspiracy that Beth is quietly taking over the role as major mod hosting facility instead Steam & Nexus :pirate: ) Anyhow, console gamers and not us PC gamers are what's driving the mod demand. If PC modders get burnt out trying to meet this demand --or fed up with the psychological abuse from the console community, or Beth's failure to address piracy issues -- then I could see them walking away from supporting SE. And then there is the pervasive scepter of PAID MODS rearing its ugly head yet again. Rumor Mill whispers that Beth may yet opt to venture down Valve's dark road....

IMO while majority consloe community is enthusiastic, PC gamer reaction appears to range from lamentations & derision to complete indifference. Personally, I fall into the latter end. Found the early reviews on release initially disappointing. Found out several days later that the Youtube vloggers were 90% C.I. accurate. SE offered nothing new in terms of visuals that ENB series of high end graphics card have done for the last 3+ yrs TBH.

The only benefit I see from the SE release are the added god rays/DoF, lighting overhaul (all modder community induced btw) and the enhanced stability for memory purposes given the 64 bit design. The improved stability alone is the biggest advantage for PC users, unless they have lower end PCs. In which case, original vanilla Skyrim must have been unplayable to begin with. Would have gone a LONG way if Beth had thought to overhaul weather using the likes of CoT or paying homage to Chesko's environmentalist & survivalist series. But suppose that would've been too much work on their part---when they can accomplish the same profit/monetary goal for FREE with free labor from the moddign community. Guess that's why SE is free to the PC community.

So SE is highly recommended for console gamers who are being granted access to the superior graphics, mods, and game stability PC gamers have taken for granted the last 5 years. Also for mid level, older gaming rig PCs which need the enhanced memory/graphics stability.

But a complete waste of time for gamers with higher end rigs like mine for all these same reasons. And --- given superior tools such as MO, NMM, Merging Mod & Wrye Bash utilities--I've managed to up my mod deck to a stable 289 mods with zero CTD to date. All without having to rely upon the new and improved SE utilities. So even if all the Nexus mods were available for SE right now, it would still be an exercise of futility. Too much energy & butt hurt necessary on my part to transition over that many mods.

Besides, my graphical overhaul of the original game is still far superior to anything I've seen on youtube or the web to date....

Edited by AlarictheVisgoth

Average of 35-50k players for 5 years and the numbers have not dropped when SSE released, nor did they drop a day later. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I do not speak on behalf of the millions of Skyrim PC owners, but you are presumptuous, especially for someone who has been a member on nexus since July 2016 almost 5 years after Skyrim was released. Please to not speak on my behalf.

lol i dont think you are understanding me.

And this is a second account. Not that it matters. I have been playing and modding skyrim on PC since 2012 ish. anyone with half a brain would agree that 64 bit will be much more stable removing a lot of previous limitations. Also smart guy i am one of those statistics. I am not switching till the mods are caught up.

previous account is ironbender800

not banned either i can reply with that name if youd like. check my steam hours.

lol i dont think you are understanding me.

And this is a second account. Not that it matters. I have been playing and modding skyrim on PC since 2012 ish. anyone with half a brain would agree that 64 bit will be much more stable removing a lot of previous limitations.

Oh, I see. My bad.

previous account is ironbender800

not banned either i can reply with that name if youd like. check my steam hours.

You really need to contact a moderator or staff member about that immediately. Multiple accounts are not allowed here and stating you have two active at the same time wasn't a good idea.