First time modding help

Dahvin1002

This is my first time modding and I downloaded the better females by bella. I unzipped the files to the data file like it said but the faces have not changed. What am I doing wrong? I tried looking in the data when starting the game and loading loose files but nothing works.

Learning the simple file structure/tree is imperative for all file re/placements, I totally recommend doing a simple manual install to instigate your learning curve. That being said, I also have to mention that mod authors don't have any rules for their file/mod structure which can cause issues. Basically, if there are textures and or meshes files etc in anything you download, just drag and drop them in your Data file but only after you first extract them to something like an empty folder on your desktop. Any more problems with mods, just PM me and I'll help walk you through it. :)

Archive invalidation or NMM is certainly not required.

Did you unzip the entire folder to data? That won't work. Unzip it to somewhere else, and pull out the textures folder (and meshes folder, if that's in there) and drop the files into the Data folder. Contrary to popular belief, you absolutely don't need the mod manager for anything. I've never used it.