Various Nexus related things from the Skyrim SE launch aftermath

Dark0ne

In response to post #43712115.

chrisblackwell69 wrote: Why didn't the team plan for this ahead of time?

And what exactly should they have done? I know traffic over the Thanksgiving holiday is going to be a pain, that doesn't mean they should double all the road sizes for my convenience, it means I should plan accordingly. In other words stop whining about things you get for free and deal with it.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43700510. #43700730 is also a reply to the same post.

putiby wrote: Great update. Im glad to be apart of such a great site.
azraal wrote: Ah ah, I'm sure you meant a part and not apart ^^

Lol... Quite hilarious really... Whatever he meant :D

In response to post #43712115. #43712330 is also a reply to the same post.

janishewski wrote: And what exactly should they have done? I know traffic over the Thanksgiving holiday is going to be a pain, that doesn't mean they should double all the road sizes for my convenience, it means I should plan accordingly. In other words stop whining about things you get for free and deal with it.

You can't do precautions of an impact of a nuke, if you expected a normal grenade :).
Nobody knew, what has changed and that a separate site would be needed for SEE. The team of Nexus could also have said: "Sorry folks, we need time to prepare. Check the new site in a few days."

Instead we still have the ability to manually install the mods we want. The fact the NMM isn't fully working is sad, but saying the team wasn't well prepared is a bit... ahm... wrong :).

In response to post #43712115. #43712330, #43712525 are all replies on the same post.

janishewski wrote: And what exactly should they have done? I know traffic over the Thanksgiving holiday is going to be a pain, that doesn't mean they should double all the road sizes for my convenience, it means I should plan accordingly. In other words stop whining about things you get for free and deal with it.
MickyFoley wrote: You can't do precautions of an impact of a nuke, if you expected a normal grenade :).
Nobody knew, what has changed and that a separate site would be needed for SEE. The team of Nexus could also have said: "Sorry folks, we need time to prepare. Check the new site in a few days."

Instead we still have the ability to manually install the mods we want. The fact the NMM isn't fully working is sad, but saying the team wasn't well prepared is a bit... ahm... wrong :).

Why didn't you?

In response to post #43712115. #43712330, #43712525, #43712565 are all replies on the same post.

MickyFoley wrote: You can't do precautions of an impact of a nuke, if you expected a normal grenade :).

pegueng wrote: Why didn't you?

Yea nexus, why didn't you just make more money so you can buy more servers and bandwidth for when ppl need le mods. What? Just print more money goddamn it!

In response to post #43700510. #43700730, #43712465 are all replies on the same post.

putiby wrote: Great update. Im glad to be apart of such a great site.
azraal wrote: Ah ah, I'm sure you meant a part and not apart ^^
pegueng wrote: Lol... Quite hilarious really... Whatever he meant :D

Maybe he just missed an universe... sorry... space :D.

In response to post #43706755. #43706855, #43711775 are all replies on the same post.

xcxgamer wrote: so when can we download mod again uk time
Gorgulla wrote: step 1. read
step 2. don't ask questions you've already read.
step 3 Don't ask without doing step 1.

They stated clearly: then we'll shut NMM login and download services off until things cool down.
xcxgamer wrote: ok so let me get this right
step 1 get the bleach
step 2 drink the bleach
step 3 done

No. Because you're still able to manually add mods into NMM. Downloads are working - just not from NMM.

In response to post #43706755. #43706855, #43711775, #43712720 are all replies on the same post.

xcxgamer wrote: so when can we download mod again uk time
Gorgulla wrote: step 1. read
step 2. don't ask questions you've already read.
step 3 Don't ask without doing step 1.

They stated clearly: then we'll shut NMM login and download services off until things cool down.
xcxgamer wrote: ok so let me get this right
step 1 get the bleach
step 2 drink the bleach
step 3 done
MickyFoley wrote: No. Because you're still able to manually add mods into NMM. Downloads are working - just not from NMM.

When people have cooled down and realized that they're cramping the site... You just have to wait and see and try again... simple as that. Patience mah dear... ;) Slaintë