Multi-Marriage - Mod

BorbakUk

While I can be counted amongst those in favor of a polygamy mod, I feel more strongly that the marriage itself needs an overhaul to make it mean something more than just "hey free money". Marriage as it is now makes me feel more like a pimp coming home to collect the gold than a husband/wife come to see the person he cares for.

I mean...polygamy wasn't ever shunned in the time frame that is represented. It varied from person to person.

So yeah, it SHOULD mean something. But it should also mean that...pick the right woman...

It should totally be a thing to where...if you go and marry some other *censored*, your first wife (depending on who she is) rejects you.

Not all woman want to swap saliva with another.

I'd much rather not WANT to kill my current wife just to get with another so she'll sell me semi-different s***. :wallbash:

Divorce isn't with a damn blade anyway...well it was with King Henry but I'm not him....thank the f*** Christ...

Adding meaning is almost a no-brainer. Who WOULDN'T want to do the things you can do in New Vegas in Skyrim? Brothels? Really? None?

Dibella is practically the god of f***...and we can't worship her in her own way....

I don't think it'd be superfluous at all to add:

"Polygamy"

Sex

Romance

to any type of relationship, before or after marriage.

So...for all intents and purposes...I'll just say:

I second what this guy said.

• 2 weeks later...

I've figured out a way to have multiple women living in the same house. You can assign any NPC a "home" location by using the NPC Editor. Right now I have about 20 NPC females (Muiri, Hroki, Annekke, Ysolda...) living in my Solitude home. They don't have the marriage dialogue, but they walk around, engage me in conversation, and provide nice "scenery". All you have to do is open the NPC Editor. Under the FACTION tab, select the PLAYER MARRIED FACTION and delete all the others. Then assign MARRIAGESOLITUDESANDBOX (something like that) faction under the AI PACKS...delete all others. There is a different home faction for each player home, so pick the one you want. You can also assign them NONE on the clothes, if you want them to walk around nude. Once you make the changes on the NPC editor, save it in the DATA location. Start the game and go to the home you want them to "live". If they are not there, use the console command...player.placeatme (NPC Base ID) to spawn them. I've been playing for several hours, come and gone, and they all seem to stay put. You can also use them for followers with the follower command.

I'm wondering if one of these two console-commands do almost or even exactly the same thing that you're doing the "complicated" way with the editor:

Example: player.placeatme 000fea9b. Using this code will instantly summon an instance of an object or NPC at your position. The above example summons a dragon. Not recommended for named NPCs. This code uses the Object (base) ID and not specific reference ID as it is creating a new instance of that object/actor in the world; using it with named NPCs can result in duplicates unless the original was somehow removed. For named NPCs, it's suggested you make use of the following commands: prid RefID & moveto player.

source: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console

Plus I'm wondering if you couldn't get married to multiple people by using this console command: setrelationshiprank <target> <#> (# would have to be 4) ... Didn't try it out yet.

Edited by davekmoody

• 2 weeks later...

You can also do a placeatme for characters who no longer have a roll. I have "Gormalith Golden-Hilt" living in the Solitude house, just finally figured out how to give her a voice. And the "Sultry Maiden" from the Sheogorath episode also living there, but have not been able to give her a voice or anything. These are two people that are nice to have around (but they don't sleep). I wish I was better at this, but I am learning from trial and error.

I see no reason why not. To have someone in the house makes it more pleasant than when it is empty. It isn't about polygamy or anything, it's not like you have a physical relationship with these people, just someone in the house making it more pleasant. And it can't be that hard to make, right? When I had Ingun Black-Briar as a wife in Solatude, she was always friendly, always had a pleasant greeting, she was always busy doing something. She was by far the best wife so far. But it would be nice to have one in each house, give that homely feeling......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I down loaded it a couple weeks ago, it is really fun, but has some bugs. Spouses disappear, and I'll find 3 to 5 of them at the Temple of Mara in Rifton. As soon as I walk in, they starting all talking at the same time, then leave. Very bizarre. Boti keeps going back and forth between her house and Rifton, I keep telling her she will get eaten, but does she listen? no!

hmmm, no buggy at my game. I have 17 spouses. they are living in every home i can get except the Archmage place and the Dawnstar brotherhood.

I think the best way to multimarriage is using the bow of Mara. But be careful, when you are a Highlevel then use Ironarrows to hit them! lol

• 7 months later...