Skyrim Blender NIF Import/Export Tutorial

XunAmarox

In case you guys haven't seen it, be sure to check it out if you need it: http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3790

I know a lot of people still haven't found it yet and need it, so I'm posting it here so hopefully more people can see it.

...just do me a favor and help other people out, and send it around to others that need it. That's all.

The more people that know the import/export process, the better for the community. The construction set isn't going to make it any easier, so people are going to need to learn this. It's not all that hard, and hopefully the tutorial gets everyone on the right track at least and eliminates a good 99% of the technical troubles of getting things imported and exported. Of course, you can't eliminate all of the problems all of the time, but the method described in it has worked for me 10/10 times, so it should be a pretty decent foundation for people to start modding off of, and that's all for the best.

Oh, and... don't message me asking for help with it. I probably don't know much more than you do and my inbox size gets full rather quickly. Other people in the comment thread that know more will likely be able to provide more and quicker assistance.

So, yeah. Carry on. Hopefully it helps out and whatnot. Ta-ta~

I've tried using this method, im new to this, currently trying to make a maskless cowl for the nightingale armor, everything works out ok until i get it into nifskope, then it's just a darkgrey model and not not even in the right position, i guess this is for people who have been doing this a while and not the noobs like me :P To be honest, Blender 2.61 was a lot better to work with, well at least i think so, to bad there is no nif plugins for that version.

• 2 weeks later...
i have tryed everything possible to get blender to even run right. i have windows 7 64-bit system. when it starts, it completes and finds all utilities needed, BUT i just get a grey screen with the goofy charactor loading screen in the middle. i need to mouse over the buttons in order to see them, but still can't really use them. PLEASE HELP! lol. i been asking on the forums for days.....

• 4 weeks later...

i have tryed everything possible to get blender to even run right. i have windows 7 64-bit system. when it starts, it completes and finds all utilities needed, BUT i just get a grey screen with the goofy charactor loading screen in the middle. i need to mouse over the buttons in order to see them, but still can't really use them. PLEASE HELP! lol. i been asking on the forums for days.....

I assume you already know this but just in case you did not, there are two versions of Blender, a 32-bit and 64-bit. Did you use the 64-bit version of Blender? If you did have you tried updating your video drivers? I am under the same opinion as Throttlekitty, most likely has something to do with your video card or the drivers for it.

Edited by trakes

• 2 weeks later...