Jump to content
⚠ Website Issue - Mod lists not showing on Collections ×

Creation Kit for Skyrim Special Edition


TerrorFox1234

Recommended Posts

In response to post #43916200. #43939280, #43941485 are all replies on the same post.


Aragingmonk wrote: Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.
Arthmoor wrote: Your antivirus is garbage then, there's nothing wrong with the launcher.
Aragingmonk wrote: LOL, People reported drivers crashing and even pc's crashing. Then there is the "data we collect" clause in the agreement. You people trust too easily. I got kicked from a BF4 server omly because when the admin checked they could not trace me. Tried hard and it gave them 3 different locations, one of which was Czechoslovakia.

You people assume because it is Bethesda they will not pull dirty tricks to gain money. Remember subscription for ESO? How about the paid mod program? Then there was this game. There was no backwards compatibility and charge for the 2k dlc. 60 bucks to play on console. For what? s#*! we have played for years.

Your antivirus is junk because it did not pick up that Bethesda was digging to deep into your system. Places they need not be. I contacted my my provider and a few hrs later tried again. It installed without admin rights, I did not have to give it special permission. It did not screw up anything like drivers on my system and I have no issues. Ran a scan and there are no viruses or malware. Can you say the same? Oh, that is right, yours did not pick it up the first time. lol


Why did it leave your comment but delete my reply? That is a little bias I think.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43855830. #43872595, #43873225, #43873565, #43887435 are all replies on the same post.


IXWIND wrote: Do someone have new ck without crashes? Can you send me your .ini files, i am stuck in warnings and errors. I did everything (made creationkitcustom.ini, set options creationkit.ini) but still got a lot of warnings and crashes...
ginkarasu wrote: I'm no expert, So I can't help you with those crashes.
But about those you can safely disable them by simply
changing the line "bBlockMessageBoxes=1" to "bBlockMessageBoxes=0"
You can find this line in the SkyrimEditor.ini under [MESSAGES]
You can find the .ini in your SkyrimSE root folder
IXWIND wrote: U mean CreationKit.ini right, the skyrim editior.ini was from old ck steam version
IXWIND wrote: The line does not exist, when i try to add line bBlockMessageBoxes=0 under messages warning but still get these warnings - here u can get couple screens
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5006465-creation-kit-crashes/
ginkarasu wrote: Yes you're totally right, I apologize. Must have suffered from a massive brain fart. And you're also right about adding that line, it doesn't do Jack S###. >.<

Anyway, about those message I always click "yes to all" (though in my native language is I have to choose "cancel"?!? Also loading in just Skyrim.esm and my esp. I had to click yes to all 2 times, not 50 as you stated in your forum post.

tbh, I didn't have any crashes ...yet. *knock on wood*





Just add bBlockMessageBoxes=1 under [MESSAGES] in CreationKit.ini in your skyrim folder.

It needs to be 1 not 0 as 1 is equal to yes, so in normal English it means: BlockMessageBoxes? Yes block them. Using a 0 is equal to no so no blocking.

Just loaded a random mod in the new CK with this line added, 0 load error messages.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In response to post #43916200. #43939280, #43941485, #43961165 are all replies on the same post.


Aragingmonk wrote: Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.
Arthmoor wrote: Your antivirus is garbage then, there's nothing wrong with the launcher.
Aragingmonk wrote: LOL, People reported drivers crashing and even pc's crashing. Then there is the "data we collect" clause in the agreement. You people trust too easily. I got kicked from a BF4 server omly because when the admin checked they could not trace me. Tried hard and it gave them 3 different locations, one of which was Czechoslovakia.

You people assume because it is Bethesda they will not pull dirty tricks to gain money. Remember subscription for ESO? How about the paid mod program? Then there was this game. There was no backwards compatibility and charge for the 2k dlc. 60 bucks to play on console. For what? s#*&#33; we have played for years.

Your antivirus is junk because it did not pick up that Bethesda was digging to deep into your system. Places they need not be. I contacted my my provider and a few hrs later tried again. It installed without admin rights, I did not have to give it special permission. It did not screw up anything like drivers on my system and I have no issues. Ran a scan and there are no viruses or malware. Can you say the same? Oh, that is right, yours did not pick it up the first time. lol
Aragingmonk wrote: Why did it leave your comment but delete my reply? That is a little bias I think.



Aragingmonk
Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.


You must be using an AV with a LOT of False Positives then.

I use Kaspersky and it didn't complain at all

What anti-virus program are you using, Avast or AVG?

Because 99.9% of people who claim that EVERYTHING is a virus, use one of the two Anti-Virus programs I mentioned. Edited by HadToRegister
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In response to post #43939520. #43952170 is also a reply to the same post.


dePog wrote: Still can't get access to SE Creation Kit. Bethesda.net says hello Mark, then "you don't have access to this site", even though it will let me go to my account details. Go figure!

Why doesn't the new CK show up in Steam like the old CK?

EDIT: Seems I had the Alpha version of the Bethesda launcher. After downloading the Beta version (and getting McAfee antivirus screaming at me not to touch the site even if wearing a Hazmat suit) I now have access. Why, in the name of the Nine Divines (or Eight Divines if you're an Imperial), doesn't the CK just pop up in Steam like the original version did. Obviously that was waaaaaay too simple.
J.O.D. wrote: Because BethesdaNET.


I imagine it's because Bethesda is planning on moving away from Steam, and having their own little "Origin", "Uplay" client in order to distribute their games in the future so they don't have to give Steam a cut of the profits.

Just take a look in your Bethesda net Launcher folder.
In it you'll finds a "GAMES" folder.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In response to post #43916200. #43939280, #43941485, #43961165, #43971080 are all replies on the same post.


Aragingmonk wrote: Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.
Arthmoor wrote: Your antivirus is garbage then, there's nothing wrong with the launcher.
Aragingmonk wrote: LOL, People reported drivers crashing and even pc's crashing. Then there is the "data we collect" clause in the agreement. You people trust too easily. I got kicked from a BF4 server omly because when the admin checked they could not trace me. Tried hard and it gave them 3 different locations, one of which was Czechoslovakia.

You people assume because it is Bethesda they will not pull dirty tricks to gain money. Remember subscription for ESO? How about the paid mod program? Then there was this game. There was no backwards compatibility and charge for the 2k dlc. 60 bucks to play on console. For what? s#*&#33; we have played for years.

Your antivirus is junk because it did not pick up that Bethesda was digging to deep into your system. Places they need not be. I contacted my my provider and a few hrs later tried again. It installed without admin rights, I did not have to give it special permission. It did not screw up anything like drivers on my system and I have no issues. Ran a scan and there are no viruses or malware. Can you say the same? Oh, that is right, yours did not pick it up the first time. lol
Aragingmonk wrote: Why did it leave your comment but delete my reply? That is a little bias I think.
HadToRegister wrote:

Aragingmonk
Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.


You must be using an AV with a LOT of False Positives then.

I use Kaspersky and it didn't complain at all

What anti-virus program are you using, Avast or AVG?

Because 99.9% of people who claim that EVERYTHING is a virus, use one of the two Anti-Virus programs I mentioned.


I use avast and it did pick up the win 32 files in this launcher. I reported it to avast, because the launcher would not let run it in a sandbox. A few hrs later I came back and tried the install a second time. It went in with no issues.

I do not claim everything is a virus and Avast did not make that claim either it flagged it as potential. With the number of companies harvesting and selling data I would rather have a false positive to deal with then find out to late.
(edit) Installed Steam, Uplay, and Origin on this machine and Avast was silent. Not one alert. Thx Edited by Aragingmonk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With later Windows versions, when you download an executable you first have to right-click/properties/unblock the file before running it, to avoid rights problems when installing. Also if your local login account is admin-equivalent, do NOT "Run as Admin", since configuration files are user-specific and might be (usually are) stored in the wrong locations.

 

EDIT: Suddenly (well, since installing and then uninstalling Bethesda's launcher) we still have two persistent connections on our router, every time we reboot it. One is to Amazon and the other is to Joe's Datacenter in Missouri. Are either/both of these a remnant of Bethesda's software, and if so, what's the easiest way to permanently kill these connections? We reported it to Joe's and they're looking at it as a potential security threat.

Edited by TheMastersSon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In response to post #43916200. #43939280, #43941485, #43961165, #43971080, #43972530 are all replies on the same post.


Aragingmonk wrote: Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.
Arthmoor wrote: Your antivirus is garbage then, there's nothing wrong with the launcher.
Aragingmonk wrote: LOL, People reported drivers crashing and even pc's crashing. Then there is the "data we collect" clause in the agreement. You people trust too easily. I got kicked from a BF4 server omly because when the admin checked they could not trace me. Tried hard and it gave them 3 different locations, one of which was Czechoslovakia.

You people assume because it is Bethesda they will not pull dirty tricks to gain money. Remember subscription for ESO? How about the paid mod program? Then there was this game. There was no backwards compatibility and charge for the 2k dlc. 60 bucks to play on console. For what? s#*&#33; we have played for years.

Your antivirus is junk because it did not pick up that Bethesda was digging to deep into your system. Places they need not be. I contacted my my provider and a few hrs later tried again. It installed without admin rights, I did not have to give it special permission. It did not screw up anything like drivers on my system and I have no issues. Ran a scan and there are no viruses or malware. Can you say the same? Oh, that is right, yours did not pick it up the first time. lol
Aragingmonk wrote: Why did it leave your comment but delete my reply? That is a little bias I think.
HadToRegister wrote:

Aragingmonk
Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.


You must be using an AV with a LOT of False Positives then.

I use Kaspersky and it didn't complain at all

What anti-virus program are you using, Avast or AVG?

Because 99.9% of people who claim that EVERYTHING is a virus, use one of the two Anti-Virus programs I mentioned.
Aragingmonk wrote: I use avast and it did pick up the win 32 files in this launcher. I reported it to avast, because the launcher would not let run it in a sandbox. A few hrs later I came back and tried the install a second time. It went in with no issues.

I do not claim everything is a virus and Avast did not make that claim either it flagged it as potential. With the number of companies harvesting and selling data I would rather have a false positive to deal with then find out to late.
(edit) Installed Steam, Uplay, and Origin on this machine and Avast was silent. Not one alert. Thx


Did you try right clicking and running as administrator? I had to. or go into your antivirus and turn it off temporarily. Simple.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In response to post #43916200. #43939280, #43941485, #43961165, #43971080, #43972530, #43987055 are all replies on the same post.


Aragingmonk wrote: Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.
Arthmoor wrote: Your antivirus is garbage then, there's nothing wrong with the launcher.
Aragingmonk wrote: LOL, People reported drivers crashing and even pc's crashing. Then there is the "data we collect" clause in the agreement. You people trust too easily. I got kicked from a BF4 server omly because when the admin checked they could not trace me. Tried hard and it gave them 3 different locations, one of which was Czechoslovakia.

You people assume because it is Bethesda they will not pull dirty tricks to gain money. Remember subscription for ESO? How about the paid mod program? Then there was this game. There was no backwards compatibility and charge for the 2k dlc. 60 bucks to play on console. For what? s#*&#33; we have played for years.

Your antivirus is junk because it did not pick up that Bethesda was digging to deep into your system. Places they need not be. I contacted my my provider and a few hrs later tried again. It installed without admin rights, I did not have to give it special permission. It did not screw up anything like drivers on my system and I have no issues. Ran a scan and there are no viruses or malware. Can you say the same? Oh, that is right, yours did not pick it up the first time. lol
Aragingmonk wrote: Why did it leave your comment but delete my reply? That is a little bias I think.
HadToRegister wrote:

Aragingmonk
Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.


You must be using an AV with a LOT of False Positives then.

I use Kaspersky and it didn't complain at all

What anti-virus program are you using, Avast or AVG?

Because 99.9% of people who claim that EVERYTHING is a virus, use one of the two Anti-Virus programs I mentioned.
Aragingmonk wrote: I use avast and it did pick up the win 32 files in this launcher. I reported it to avast, because the launcher would not let run it in a sandbox. A few hrs later I came back and tried the install a second time. It went in with no issues.

I do not claim everything is a virus and Avast did not make that claim either it flagged it as potential. With the number of companies harvesting and selling data I would rather have a false positive to deal with then find out to late.
(edit) Installed Steam, Uplay, and Origin on this machine and Avast was silent. Not one alert. Thx
andyrancid wrote: Did you try right clicking and running as administrator? I had to. or go into your antivirus and turn it off temporarily. Simple.


Sooo...THE OFFICIAL BETHESDA LAUNCHER contains a virus. Yeah. Right.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In response to post #43916200. #43939280, #43941485, #43961165, #43971080, #43972530, #43987055, #43990475 are all replies on the same post.


Aragingmonk wrote: Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.
Arthmoor wrote: Your antivirus is garbage then, there's nothing wrong with the launcher.
Aragingmonk wrote: LOL, People reported drivers crashing and even pc's crashing. Then there is the "data we collect" clause in the agreement. You people trust too easily. I got kicked from a BF4 server omly because when the admin checked they could not trace me. Tried hard and it gave them 3 different locations, one of which was Czechoslovakia.

You people assume because it is Bethesda they will not pull dirty tricks to gain money. Remember subscription for ESO? How about the paid mod program? Then there was this game. There was no backwards compatibility and charge for the 2k dlc. 60 bucks to play on console. For what? s#*&#33; we have played for years.

Your antivirus is junk because it did not pick up that Bethesda was digging to deep into your system. Places they need not be. I contacted my my provider and a few hrs later tried again. It installed without admin rights, I did not have to give it special permission. It did not screw up anything like drivers on my system and I have no issues. Ran a scan and there are no viruses or malware. Can you say the same? Oh, that is right, yours did not pick it up the first time. lol
Aragingmonk wrote: Why did it leave your comment but delete my reply? That is a little bias I think.
HadToRegister wrote:

Aragingmonk
Tried to install the launcher and my antivirus went nuts three times. I cancelled it and will not install.


You must be using an AV with a LOT of False Positives then.

I use Kaspersky and it didn't complain at all

What anti-virus program are you using, Avast or AVG?

Because 99.9% of people who claim that EVERYTHING is a virus, use one of the two Anti-Virus programs I mentioned.
Aragingmonk wrote: I use avast and it did pick up the win 32 files in this launcher. I reported it to avast, because the launcher would not let run it in a sandbox. A few hrs later I came back and tried the install a second time. It went in with no issues.

I do not claim everything is a virus and Avast did not make that claim either it flagged it as potential. With the number of companies harvesting and selling data I would rather have a false positive to deal with then find out to late.
(edit) Installed Steam, Uplay, and Origin on this machine and Avast was silent. Not one alert. Thx
andyrancid wrote: Did you try right clicking and running as administrator? I had to. or go into your antivirus and turn it off temporarily. Simple.
krepperk wrote: Sooo...THE OFFICIAL BETHESDA LAUNCHER contains a virus. Yeah. Right.


Perhaps what set off the alarms was part of this.
"In addition to personal information, we may collect information from you and YOUR COMPUTER or mobile device through use of our services, embedded within messages to you, within social media, IN SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS, and otherwise. ZeniMax collects non-personal information along with personal information in the context of online and mobile activities, such as online and mobile purchases, registration, or use of a product, service, or our games."
https://bethesda.net/en/document/privacy-policy
"Spyware is software that aims to gather information about a person or organization without their knowledge and that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control over a computer without the consumer's knowledge." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

That may trigger an antivirus when they start digging through your system.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...