Texture seams a permanent part of the game?

Elkatar

Well texture seams are in just about every game. But imo there are too many of them in Skyrim and SE. Is there any hope to get rid of most of them or is it just a part of life in this game? Witcher 3 smooths out texture transitions more than other games I think.

The link at the bottom addresses some of them but what about the more serious seams such as where two different snow textures meet? And plenty of other hard lines separating rocks from ground textures and so on. Aside from that I like the graphics a lot the modded Skyrim.

You could put small bushes along the seams but that only works so far. It can wind up looking like lines of bushes if you're not clever with the design.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66245/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D66245%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D2889929&pUp=1

The reason why I originally started following the STEP guide was because of this. You can mix and match textures randomly and have them work 99% of the time, but you'll see too many weird seams. If you (mostly) follow something like the STEP guide, it will improve your experience. I doubt it's 100% perfect, but I went from frequently to never noticing it. I'm about to jinx myself, but I can't remember the last time I saw a seam.

As far as a vanilla fix goes, I don't know. I don't think it's possible to fix vanilla in that sense, because I think you'd have to alter the textures to fix them, in which case it's not vanilla anymore, and then you're better off downloading better quality textures.

Also, mods like Unbelievable Grass help because they cover a lot of the landscape. It looks great, too, but there's a performance hit.