Help with follower mods

buttluver

Well, what do you know.

Idioticidiots idea worked for both Cassius and Alistair follower mods.

Thanks and a muchos gracias for your help!!

But I have one follower mod that is a bit more stubborn.

It had a BSA file which of course I unpacked.

But along with the BSA it had a BSL file.

The first time I tried the file I left the BSL file included - didn't work - Skyrim SSE crashed (in its own weird way)

I did a bit of research on the BSL files and some sites said that its not necessary so I deleted it and tried again - still no dice.

Anyone know how what to do with these darn BSL files or what they do?

Or maybe how to convert it to some other file that Skyrim SSE would recognize?

Edited by buttluver

IIRC, bsl files just tell the unpacker what is in the bsa. So you don't need it, I've always just deleted them when they get generated by the bsa packer. So there is another issue - maybe a custom skeleton or other hdt body type?

Edited by triptherift

But I'm facing a new problem: every time I save my esp in CK64, it automatically exports the facegen file. Is there anyway to stop it? The old facegen file is perfectly fine and working in Special Edition.

Yes, because there was a restructuring of the nif file - old version of the facegen had 12 nodes, new version has 10. No way around it at the moment. You can make something that is backwards compatible with your fix, but it needs to come with a warning that if people load your esp in the ck, they will break your mod, so don't do it. It could be months or years before we get a fix for that.