Some mountains and rocks are gray blobs?

LordNyron

Okay, so I have zero idea as to what is going on here. I'm climbing the Throat of the World on my way to see the greybeards. I expect a lovely nighttime climb with the beautiful new graphics. And then, all of a sudden, the high resolution mountain gives way to massive gray blobs that have this weird effect that resembles static fuzz from older televisions when you'd lose signal and have to screw with the antenna's. Here are some screenshots I took:

http://i.imgur.com/w9y0cR7.png

http://i.imgur.com/RnOJQlY.png

http://i.imgur.com/ptn5ZzT.png

http://i.imgur.com/VadHalM.png

I have no idea what's happening. I did have mountain texture mods installed, but I uninstalled them to see if that changed anything. As you can tell by the vanilla textures on other parts of the mountain, that did not help in the slightest. I haven't noticed this anywhere in the game world, just on the Throat of the World. And I absolutely refuse to climb up this thing with this kind of eyesore.

What other mods do you have?

Plus sometimes removing a mod does not always work. Some parts of it can be baked into your save.

I have not checked on all the issues, but I do know the Unofficial patch has created visual bugs, but to my knowledge not like this.

GameMode=SkyrimSE

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp=1
WetandCold.esp=1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp=1
Point The Way.esp=1
EmbersHD.esp=1
Realistic HD Beverages.esp=1
Beards.esp=1
Brows.esp=1
NB-Scars.esp=1
RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp=1
PilgrimsDelight.esp=1
SMIM-Merged-All.esp=1
TrueStorms.esp=1
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp=1
HD Quill of Germination - Dark.esp=1
JustScrolls.esp=1
BFSEffects.esp=1
Glass Variants.esp=1
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp=1
Bring Out Your Dead.esp=1
Cutting Room Floor.esp=1
Real Roads.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp=1
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp=1
Perks Unbound - Special Edition.esp=1
Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp=1
Holidays.esp=1
Trees in Cities.esp=1
DeadBodyCollision.esp=1
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp=1
RDO - USSEP Patch.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1

That's my load order. Does not include the vast majority of my mods because those mods don't show up in the load order and because of how many there are it'd take too long to manually list them. The mountain textures I used at first were Skyrim HD, but when I noticed the shininess of his textures, I swapped his landscape textures for a combination of Vivid Landscapes and Gecko's 4K Mountain Texture(Which is officially available for SSE FYI.). This is when I noticed these weird gray patches. So I uninstalled Gecko's textures and replaced them with Northfire's Photoreal Mountains from vanilla Skyrim. I thought that maybe Gecko's textures were incomplete. Northfire's were just a test because they had parallax on them which made them freak out in game. I just wanted to see if they covered the gray rocks. They did not. So I swapped Northfire out for Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Mountains, still the same problem. So then I decided to check vanilla after uninstalling SRTO. And as you can see, that changed nothing. The only other mod I have is called Rocks and it ups the poly count on the smaller rock's/stones laying around Skyrim.

Now that you mention it though, I do have USSEP installed twice. The ESP is only there once, but I overwrote 4.0 with 4.1 while leaving 4.0 installed. I'm not used to using NMM anymore because I had switched to MO with vanilla Skyrim.

I don't think having two versions of USSEP is a big deal, the game is looking for the .ESP so as long as there is only one it might be ok, but can't say for sure. I am also not up on all the issues it brought out.

How many of the mods your not listing did you port over your self?, and are you 100% sure they are working correctly?

As any mod that uses custom textures is not 100% compatible with SSE. Some work for one, but another person it will not.

There is enough changes to the textures, that make it so most must be updated.

I don't think having two versions of USSEP is a big deal, the game is looking for the .ESP so as long as there is only one it might be ok, but can't say for sure. I am also not up on all the issues it brought out.

How many of the mods your not listing did you port over your self?, and are you 100% sure they are working correctly?

As any mod that uses custom textures is not 100% compatible with SSE. Some work for one, but another person it will not.

There is enough changes to the textures, that make it so most must be updated.

The vast majority are ports with nothing done to them. I just manually downloaded them and put them into the SSE NMM. Just from looking around I can tell that the textures are working. And if there has been a mod that caused a problem, typically it crashed or froze the game until I removed it. My plan is to slowly replace the ported mods with official SSE versions as they're uploaded. The maker of Skyrim HD has already said he'll be porting Skyrim HD to SSE and make the necessary fixes that he must to make it work properly. So I'll probably swap that in when he uploads it.

I have ported about 10 with only minor issues. So far I have seen 4 that I want have been ported over, and one that the author has yet to update the textures.

World texture mods I want to see what the vanilla looks like. The grass looks better than before, so figuring most world texture replacer's might not be needed.

Found the culprit: Vivid Landscapes - Tundra.

I made a new mod profile so I could keep my installed mods intact, uninstalled all the mods in the new profile, and slowly turned a few of the likely candidates on. I narrowed it down to Vivid Landscapes and it ultimately turned out to be the Tundra mod that was doing it.

EDIT: Okay, so scratch that, there's more than one mod affecting the mountain. I feel like it might have something to do with meshes, but I'm not entirely sure.

Edited by LordNyron