Roleplaying Mod for Scientists and Inventors

Vaprous

Okay I will be frank, We need a Role playing Mod for the Scientists and Inventors of this game

Like as a Scientist we can download a mod that adds terminal entries,notes,pieces of old pre-war tech we can scavenge, then take to a lab to analyze ( not a My First Chemistry set) I mean make new scripts based off of the crafting scripts that lets us do something with it like -Inspect- ; -Read- ; -Test- ; -Experiment On- , and then make an interactive and meaningful process to discovering what we find does or what it would do if we made it or how we can use this information to better our selves etc

Essentially it would let us as scientists, have a lab somewhere, probably in a broken down building with a well secured bunker in the bottom only a -100 Science & the Computer Wiz perk- could open that has ancient well cared for pre-war tech we can use to conduct experiment on said loss knowledge and tech then learn what we can do to use this to make amazing things happen ( like in it we could discovering how to make the Modified FEV that the enclave made by finding a sample in their labs and analyzing it and make a dart based gun that shoots it and kills Mutants more efficiently through extra critcals

on mutants ( lets say we couldn't replicate the enclaves work but we got close)

Basically a scientist mod with an interactive extensive research and reward system

As for the inventor, add more things we can use to make stuff at a crafting bench, then make an add-on for CRAFT Mod, and I will be happy, oh and please be creative

I hate it when I want something shoots something and makes it frenzy, I want you to explain to me why it does by adding in a psyche influencing drug that make you crazy as all hell mk ? not a dart that magically does so using the same poison that kills people from a different dart based gun

I'm working on a lab similar to what you describe as part of this mod: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17107

It's not as in depth at the moment, doesn't have a high science requirement, but you can select any combination of items to experiment with and depending on various factors you get different results. For example if you've studied project purity you can design an upgrade to the shelter's purifier, if you combine the right parts you can make pulse grenades, if you study an alien power cell you can learn how to make more (at a far greater cost than other power cells to keep the game balanced). I've got a load of improvements planned but at the moment I'm splitting my time between this and some other projects.

After replying to this thread I figured I'd give the lab some more work, so now it should be a bit easier to use but some experiments need a higher science skill. Good thing that happened because it turns out there was also a bit of a glitch in the ammo production and large project menus that's now fixed. Anyway, I can post the script for the lab if anyone else wants to try a science themed mod, but it's a bit big so is it going to be ok to post it as a code snippet or is there a better way?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a lab similar to what you describe as part of this mod: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17107

It's not as in depth at the moment, doesn't have a high science requirement, but you can select any combination of items to experiment with and depending on various factors you get different results. For example if you've studied project purity you can design an upgrade to the shelter's purifier, if you combine the right parts you can make pulse grenades, if you study an alien power cell you can learn how to make more (at a far greater cost than other power cells to keep the game balanced). I've got a load of improvements planned but at the moment I'm splitting my time between this and some other projects.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Caramel Cube Noticed my Idea? YAY I already use your Alpine Heights building, if you read your comments and endorsements you will find me....