Are Female Armors Denigrating?

Aurielius

102 members have voted

1. 1. Female armors are denigrating.

• Yes they are offensive. (Male perspective)
    • No they are just a style choice.(Male perspective)
    • It's just another immersion choice. (Male perspective)
    • Yes they are offensive. (Female perspective.)
    • No they are just another style choice. (Female perspective.)
    • It's just another immersion choice. (Female perspective.)

Why are we focusing on females solely? There are plenty of mods which degrades men as well.

Yes but men really don't care.

You assume that men don't care and that only men should care. I don't like lower level male armour in Skyrim for example, I find them stupid and pure fan service, likewise I don't like all the female mods. But I don't go around and voice my complaints to everyone or ask of it to removed, I just go ugh and move on. What I don't like is this debate to be only one sided, which is my main complaint.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people are forgetting that for some, modding is a form of art expression. Thus, what you might offensive might be appealing to others.

I agree, on art much debates have been made non was conclusive for a side and the only thing surfaced was all opinions.

If somebody don't likes a mod don't download or comment there are others that might like this or that mod. As it was noted here before mods are about details and the likes of the modder additional to the art, so at least if you don't like a mod because you find it offending at least respect the work and the time of the modder. How art is treated, so is the freedom of speech treated, and on art works much controversy have been made and expressed by artists that have been debated so it is also OK to debate offensive artwork in mods because a living open debate is better than a downright dead silent problem lingering in an dark alley.

My 2cents..

I don't really see that there is anything wrong with this. I know a lot of women that are proud of their bodies and who love to see the man that come around them slack jawed and drooling. This thing about skimpy armor I think you people are thinking in one direction and that is the logical one. you might want to consider thinking outside the box. How do you know the opponent that she is fighting won't get distracted by having breasts pop out in front of them just long enough for her to skewer them like a pig.

I love the ladies they are smarter than us and the fact that they often make us think that it was our decision to do thing their way. Much of that as you do with their comeliness and charisma. A lot of guys think this is underhanded but in reality it's them using our mindset against us. But no matter what, they are still the best thing that ever happened to us.

I don't really see that there is anything wrong with this. I know a lot of women that are proud of their bodies and who love to see the man that come around them slack jawed and drooling. This thing about skimpy armor I think you people are thinking in one direction and that is the logical one. you might want to consider thinking outside the box. How do you know the opponent that she is fighting won't get distracted by having breasts pop out in front of them just long enough for her to skewer them like a pig.

I love the ladies they are smarter than us and the fact that they often make us think that it was our decision to do thing their way. Much of that as you do with their comeliness and charisma. A lot of guys think this is underhanded but in reality it's them using our mindset against us. But no matter what, they are still the best thing that ever happened to us.

ROFTL..am exceeding fond of the ladies but if one was trying to kill me...exposed boob is where I would put my sword , afterward might regret ruining perfectly made physiological architecture...just before I looted her of anything that I wanted and running off in the distance thinking "man was that easy". :whistling:

ROFTL..am exceeding fond of the ladies but if one was trying to kill me...exposed boob is where I would put my sword , afterward might regret ruining perfectly made physiological architecture...just before I looted her of anything that I wanted and running off in the distance thinking "man was that easy". :whistling:

what I meant by this is that she might just disallow you the reaction time to do anything by letting you stare at her graces while she fingers the dagger she wants to slice your throat with. Skimpy armor may just as well be camouflage to distract you. There's a lot of guys out there whose mindset is they are big and strong and they are there to protect the women; these dainty young things wearing dainty garments and forgetting that even the finest rose still has thorns. Sometimes our egos are our worst enemies, and they have gotten us into far worse situations than anybody else could have gotten us into. .

what I meant by this is that she might just disallow you the reaction time to do anything by letting you stare at her graces while she fingers the dagger she wants to slice your throat with. Skimpy armor may just as well be camouflage to distract you. There's a lot of guys out there whose mindset is they are big and strong and they are there to protect the women; these dainty young things wearing dainty garments and forgetting that even the finest rose still has thorns. Sometimes our egos are our worst enemies, and they have gotten us into far worse situations than anybody else could have gotten us into. .

LOL..obviously not a combat veterans perspective....it could be a big fluffy bunny carrying Easter eggs and the result would be the same...quick termination :whistling: .

Kvnchrist is right on the money. Even worse are the Insurgents from Iraq and Afganistan. A friend of mine told me a story from one of his fellow troopers. In short the Insurgent kid napped this kid, strapped 4 pounds of C4 to him and put him on a Leash walker for kids. The leash had the cord leading to the detonator held by the insurgant. Luckly the soldier released something was wrong when the person with the kid was trying to get away from him while still holding the leash, not to mention the kid was still balling and asking for his father. That insurgent got a bullet to the head and EOD safely remove the bomb. The kid was later reunited with his father who was looking for him where he last saw him in the Bazara down the street.

This is getting seriously off-topic.

What is interesting is that according to the poll more men find female armours denigrating. I understand that there is probably more male voters in this poll but the difference is still significant.

I blame political correctness for that. Some of us guys are so afraid of being seen as chauvinists that they go out of their way to state that women are in fact superior to men.

I'm all for being courteous towards women (it's customary over here) but I don't think it's a good idea to take that PC thing too far.