Are Female Armors Denigrating?

Aurielius

102 members have voted

1. 1. Female armors are denigrating.

• Yes they are offensive. (Male perspective)
    • No they are just a style choice.(Male perspective)
    • It's just another immersion choice. (Male perspective)
    • Yes they are offensive. (Female perspective.)
    • No they are just another style choice. (Female perspective.)
    • It's just another immersion choice. (Female perspective.)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@areppon

Actually large red type face in Internet speak denotes anger, whether or not that was your intent I will not hazard a guess, but most people would make that interpretation. All that aside you are losing sight of the original premise which could be precisely done by stating your opinion in a clear straightforward manner. The usual result of semi angry retorts and counter retorts is yellow ink and thread lock ( I know because I have been as guilty as any of doing the same). I am not aware of any of the posters making the assertion that their view was the only correct one, since in the long run it's subjective interpretation of a visual medium and there is really no wrong way to be subjective since it's how one perceives something.

:facepalm: My bad, I was unaware of that. Thanks for telling me. I picked the color based on what would be visible on any color background. I was going to use neon green. but I have the dark theme so it shows up easily, maybe not so much for other lighter backgrounds though yeah?

I have a lot I want to say to you guys. After several days I've decided to give up as the post would have consumed a whole page. But what it comes down to is this: It really saddens me that none of you man hating lesbians realize how hypocritical you are. You're sitting here bashing men for stereotyping women, and yet you bash us with stereotypes. Go back and read some of the foul things you all have written against men. Then be glad you live in a society that doesn't believe in equality between men and women, because if this thread was the other way around with men bashing chicks with stereotypes, unwarranted prejudgements, and sexist blaspheming, this thread would've been shut down before first page finished and every man in it banned permanently and you know it. So quit bitching. Sexism and objectification goes both directions. Live with it, just like we (men) do.

Woah, woah, woah, man hating lesbians? What? Though, you do have a point, a bit crude, but valid.

Never mind., I can see I wont win, and no matter what I say, it will make things worse. I don't hate men, I'm not a lesbian, and I am not replying to another thing you say.

Edited by nyxalinth

@areppon

Actually large red type face in Internet speak denotes anger, whether or not that was your intent I will not hazard a guess, but most people would make that interpretation. All that aside you are losing sight of the original premise which could be precisely done by stating your opinion in a clear straightforward manner. The usual result of semi angry retorts and counter retorts is yellow ink and thread lock ( I know because I have been as guilty as any of doing the same). I am not aware of any of the posters making the assertion that their view was the only correct one, since in the long run it's subjective interpretation of a visual medium and there is really no wrong way to be subjective since it's how one perceives something.

:facepalm: My bad, I was unaware of that. Thanks for telling me. I picked the color based on what would be visible on any color background. I was going to use neon green. but I have the dark theme so it shows up easily, maybe not so much for other lighter backgrounds though yeah?

I have a lot I want to say to you guys. After several days I've decided to give up as the post would have consumed a whole page. But what it comes down to is this: It really saddens me that none of you man hating lesbians realize how hypocritical you are. You're sitting here bashing men for stereotyping women, and yet you bash us with stereotypes. Go back and read some of the foul things you all have written against men. Then be glad you live in a society that doesn't believe in equality between men and women, because if this thread was the other way around with men bashing chicks with stereotypes, unwarranted prejudgements, and sexist blaspheming, this thread would've been shut down before first page finished and every man in it banned permanently and you know it. So quit bitching. Sexism and objectification goes both directions. Live with it, just like we (men) do.

What a rude little troll. Especially considering that probably a majority of the posters in this thread, including the OP, are dudes and therefore cannot be lesbians.

Stereotyping is precisely what you are doing.

But enough of that. Myrmaad and Marxist, I'm surprised at you and "the picture is totally fake". I don't recall Dazzerfong saying that his picture was an in game shot, this is just a concept that he has for a female armor.

I didn't understand it was concept art. I thought MB was characterizing it as a screen shot. I really didn't know where it came from.

However as concept art, it's cool and I can see people liking it.

On the other hand, my favorite Skyrim vanilla armors are:

Saviors Hide, Nightingale, and the much maligned Ancient Nordic.

/shrug.

On the other hand, my favorite Skyrim vanilla armors are:

Saviors Hide, Nightingale, and the much maligned Ancient Nordic.

/shrug.

The first two I can easily grasp..but Ancient Nordic? Almost begs the question as to what type of character you do play as... :whistling:

ßastard the picture is totally fake. The legs are not like that.

It's a Blender render, by the way, of an armor I made several weeks ago. Of course it's 'totally fake'. Also, where did I say it's an in-game screenshot?

Just by looking at the picture, you can tell it's not from Skyrim:

Vignetting

Color grading

SSS faces

Accurate reflections

Hair grasses

Edited by dazzerfong