Illusion Skill

teklanika

I have 57 Illusion skill, and I have a couple questions before I continue tossing points into the tree.

So, here it goes:

1. What is the maximum level at which Calm/Fury/Fear will still work? (With 100 illusion and all perks that buff these spells)

2. If I put a point in Dual Cast, will it still do 2.2x the power of the spell, thus slightly more than doubling the effective level of Calm/Fury/Fear?

3. If I use Dual Cast, all buffing perks, and have 100 illusion---will I be able to further increase the effectiveness of Illusion by drinking a potion that increases the Illusion skill? (Say the max level I could calm was 41, then I chug a potion and dual cast, will it go up to 87 or something?)

If anyone can answer these questions I'd be so very grateful! I'm supremely enjoying Illusion, and I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time putting points into it. :)

I have just got Illusion to 100 by mostly using muffle and some magic items to lower the casting cost plus up the recharge rate of magic...the sad thing is I got to be Archmage before I had really learnt anything , it was all a bit rushed that . :)

I have just got Illusion to 100 by mostly using muffle and some magic items to lower the casting cost plus up the recharge rate of magic...the sad thing is I got to be Archmage before I had really learnt anything , it was all a bit rushed that . :)

This isn't very helpful to me :/ I need someone to answer my questions! :(

Start here: UESP:Illusion

You can add up the numbers to get the maximum effective level, I suppose. Plus, further information on the site. Keep in mind, it's about the target's level, not yours.

IIRC the Illusion skill value (100) only affects magicka consumption (higher -> lower) and spell tome availability at vendors.

Edited by JenLit

Yeah I already looked through everything on UESP and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. It tells you the base level for each spell in which it is effective, but it doesn't tell you the exact levels at 100 illusion and with potions included.

I guess I'm just looking for someone who uses illusion religiously and knows exactly what levels they can effect a target. I want to make sure illusion will still be viable at level 30-40. (I usually make a new character around this time)

So far I'm level 22 with 64 illusion, and with Dual Cast I can effect a mammoth and a giant even! (Calm, Fear, AND Frenzy!) It's hilarious to watch a giant beat both of his mammoth's to death, lol.

I haven't run into anything I can't charm yet, since putting perks in Dual Cast. :) Illusion is insanely fun, and the amount of control it offers is unparalleled! My only complaint is I can't charm undead until I hit 100 Illusion :(