A question about "Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition"

timone317

I meant the two Bethesda Fallout titles.

There's only one Bethesda Fallout title, which is Fallout 3. Which they mishandled so badly that they felt compelled to hire Obsidian (who has several people who worked on the first two Fallout titles) to do it right.

Too bad Obsidian didn't do Skyrim as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I meant the two Bethesda Fallout titles.

There's only one Bethesda Fallout title, which is Fallout 3. Which they mishandled so badly that they felt compelled to hire Obsidian (who has several people who worked on the first two Fallout titles) to do it right.

i played fallout 1, fallout 2, fallout 3 and FNV.

while i did enjoy all of them, once Bethesda upped the standard i loved fallout even more. in the upping the bar Bethesda takes the cake. That being said they didn't mess up the fallout series. sure it had bugs, but so did FNV.

FNV being made by some of the orginal fallout people was good, but it had even more bugs ( or more severe bugs, corrupted saves etc.)

Why would Obsidian make an Elder Scrolls Game? they are better with fallout and that's what they should stick with. Bethesda adopted fallout, but it didn't suck, it set the bar higher. truth be told all obsidian did was borrow the game engine and create their own wasteland.

and just on a side note, the ambiance, and atmosphere was better in fallout 3 then FNV. i actually felt like it was apocalyptic and felt like i had to fight for my life.

Obsidian built upon a great game, but they upped the anti with hardcore mode, modable weapons, the companion wheel, better faction play, and has the record for most lines of dialog in an single player RPG. Skyrim in contrast has no hardcore mode, weapons that don't degrade, piss poor follower control, and limited voice actors. I just think Obsidian is better at adding role playing elements. I found there was also more flexibility in NV to be good or bad, and more major consequences for the actions taken.

But it is not my aim to start a vs. war. Why not have a crossover Elder Scrolls/Fallout type game, set just after the collapse of Dwemer empire? It doesn't have to part of the main ES series.

if they could,I think they should totally overhaul FNV and FO3.

Merge them into a singular game,fix allllllll the bugs,glitches,and anoyying things that have been around since they built the game,then rerelease it and Id be happy.

Of course,starting in the Vault and ending in Vegas with a multiple year gap,would be rather hard to do,but anythings possible right?

if they could,I think they should totally overhaul FNV and FO3.

Merge them into a singular game,fix allllllll the bugs,glitches,and anoyying things that have been around since they built the game,then rerelease it and Id be happy.

Of course,starting in the Vault and ending in Vegas with a multiple year gap,would be rather hard to do,but anythings possible right?

I personally would love something like this. Close up the multi-year gap to however long it takes you to walk/hitch hike across the US to Vegas. Pass through the midwest, 'Ronto, Dog City, etc. You arrive in Vegas, work as a courier for a bit then BAM to the back of the head, left for dead. Now you need to find out who shot you and why.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would Obsidian make an Elder Scrolls Game? they are better with fallout and that's what they should stick with.

The same people that made fallout 1 and 2 also made Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 plus Planescape Torment.

They're actually quite good a fantasy games settings as well. (quite good being a bit of an understatement)