A 1 month on review

tomhughes

I can't think of a single other (TES games excluded) game that I have spent almost 180 hours on without any co-op or multiplayer features.... I consider a 40 hr game these days to be an unusually good value, so to have as many hours into this game as I do thus far without installing a single mod is pretty darned good.

This is not meant to be judgemental, but with your mentioning multiplayer, you obviously have different expectations.

For me, whilst the game certainly is fun, there's absolutely no depth to it. And by depth I don't mean quantity, looting, exploring and fighting, but roleplaying. All you ever encounter are cardboards repeating their one single line of dialogue over and over. And those NPCs you can interact with, take no clue from the world drastically changing around them. Kill off the empire or the Stormcloaks and they don't take notice. Make leader of some guild and your supposed underlings will still treat you like the new stablehand.

And why introduce marriage, when it doesn't have any real meaning besides fiddling with some stats?

I completely agree with the previous posts. There should have been more depth, longer, more immersive quests. But the thing that irks me the most is the gazillion BUGS the game still has. It's just like Oblivion again. I still enjoy Oblivion a lot mind you, can't even remember how long I've been playing that with just one character, and I still have to get going with the main storyline (only did the siege ak Kvatch). nd I also haven't even been to the S.I. yet. Oblivion is HUGE. Perhaps even bigger than Skyrim quest-wise, but I can't really judge that as I've only just started Skyrim.

I hope there will be DLC's and complete addon chapters like S.I., Tribunal, Bloodmoon. But most of all I hope they will release a stable, 100% bug free update to fix all bugs in the game.

Then I just hope the modders will do a great job adding content and better grahics. I'm waiting for a complete graphic high-rez texture pack atm.

As soon as the SKSE program is fully tested and done, I'll start using that, just like I do with Oblivion, and hopefully find some (un)official bugfixes. The Oblivion ones are fantastic, it runs smoothly and stable. I just hope the same will happen for Skyrim. Because I love this game :)