Female plate armor with or without breast cups.

Wolbryne

Yes it does and quit retorting to these excuses because your (might be unknowingly) defending the obvious sexism of the developers with these lazy ridiculous arguments and logical fallacies. The human body in any world should be no different than our world.

You guys really throw around your accuses lightly in here. Towards me, others AND the developers. I fail to see how a fitting mail for a woman is sexist, even though it's unreal due to obvious reasons. :psyduck:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does and quit retorting to these excuses because your (might be unknowingly) defending the obvious sexism of the developers with these lazy ridiculous arguments and logical fallacies. The human body in any world should be no different than our world.

You guys really throw around your accuses lightly in here. Towards me, others AND the developers. I fail to see how a fitting mail for a woman is sexist, even though it's unreal due to obvious reasons. :psyduck:

The reason it's sexist is because of the health problems and it's impracticably. Just like high heels actually hurt women's feet if they try to run in them or even walk in them for too long but yet our society normalizes them as if they try to pass it off as 'normal' female wear as our society defines it (if you read your history same thing about corsets, feet bending, etc which societies destroy women's bodies for the sake of "beauty" or rather men's personal gratification). That's my main point.

Edited by Gyiul

The reason it's sexist is because of the health problems and it's impracticably. Just like high heels actually hurt women's feet if they try to run in them or even walk in them for too long but yet our society normalizes them as if they try to pass it off as 'normal' female wear as our society defines it (if you read your history same thing about corsets, feet bending, etc which our society destroys women's bodies for the sake of "beauty" or men's personal gratification). That's my main point.

Well, thats a good point. That is the reason why i do not like these modifications i talked about before. But i don't really think the vanilla armours are such a big deal to be honest.

Edited by Kyuubi no Youko

Female fencers use breast cups. :psyduck:

I realize that didn't come along until 1650-1700, but I figure it adds something to the discussion?

http://www.absolutefencinggear.com/shopping/product_info.php/products_id/74/cPath/13_76?osCsid=bneq3hbk34f25b0noec1p493q5

it don't add anything since that is the equivalent of a cup for a guy. it's simply a light weight plastic protection from getting a painful flick/poke in the junk.

The epee, sabre and foil of today's competitive fencing are blunt and very flexible and even if the tip was sharp I think it would be kind of hard to inflict serious damage to anyone with it. sure it hurts when you slash your and with them, but as for penetrating body injuries go I think they'd bend before they actually penetrated you.

so no, it's irrelevant.

Hasn't this subject been milked to death already? :rolleyes:

Honestly, regardless of who you are building armor for if a piece of anatomy is "in the way" you sculpture the protection around it.

Cod piece for men, additional breast space for females, both only enough to fit the "equipment" in.

Men and women are built differently, the armor is going to be different to some extent.

This shouldn't be a topic at all. If you want realism.. sign up for the military. I want fantasy. so I play a GAME. And dangit I want Scantily clad men AND women owning mobs like there's no tomorrow and never getting a scratch. BTW much thanks to the modder for the Spartan Armor from 300... Perfect :D

@Nekrafelia

1. Real breasts aren't perfectly shaped water melons. They are soft and can be tied down pretty much without much discomfort.

2. If a woman had natural DD's she wouldn't be fit enough swing a sword while wearing full armor on the battlefield anyways. She would need to work out a lot and that would lower her body fat index and thus making her tits smaller.

3. if a woman really needed it DESPITE point 1 and 2 then it would most likely be a bigger diameter curve of the breastplate. not breast cups since the latter would compromise the structural design of the armor and make it less impact resistant , plus she would be in danger of a cracked sternum from the wedge between the cups. Hell she'd break her sternum just from falling on to her chest.

@Suyeta:

It SHOULD be a topic since people can't keep this discussion out of the mod comments threads. So discuss it here > flooding the comments threads. plus it's not against nexus regulations to do it here.