Building Outdoor Structures is Miserable

NexBeth

Starting to wonder if I wasn't just better off using the "weak" oldrim, instead of bothering with this.

Yep, I think I jumped the gun wading waist deep in to this too soon. A lot of problems with trying to work with this new (old) system. Have you noticed that a lot of items don't even render in the Preview Object window?

Probably best to check to see the side effects of any latest update before launching the beth launcher. Sorry I seemed to have gotten you into a bit of a mess checking on things.

Also F to drop objects to the surface doesn't work! :geek:

Edited by NexBeth

No worries. I would have gotten the update anyway. Given their track record, the render window would probably have been completely opaque, if I hadn't.

Yeah, F seems to drop things halfway into the floor. I posted a thread about the warning box. Someone responded that it's a new feature of CK v1.3. One more thing to drive us nuts.

• 5 months later...

I got a similar issue - ANY object that has any shader on it, moss, ice, ash, snow... I cannot select them unless I drag a box around them or select them in cell view by finding that specific object. Never had this in the CK 1.0... so I can pretty much confirm that shaders are a big NO-NO right now. So much for rearranging the glacier in my mod, over 50% of it is immovable.

It can be done by selecting objects in the cell window, but since an exterior is made of hundreds of cells it becomes annoying, aggravating, painful, agonizing and finally torturous, if not even near-lethal to my patience, and others as well I'd wager. In any case, it can be circumvented with much added effort.

Edited by Guest

I got a similar issie - ANY object that has any shader on it, moss, ice, ash, snow... I cannot select them unless I drag a box around them or select them in cell view by finding that specific object. Never had this in the CK 1.0... so I can pretty much confirm that shaders are a big NO-NO right now. So much for rearranging the glacier in my mod, over 50% of it is immovable.

Yep, I think I started another topic on that awhile back! LOL. However, thanks for the tip about dragging a box. I was just using the cell view window. This system is a real pain. "F" for drop item to floor doesn't work either.

Yep. So annoying. Like I said, any object with NO shaders are fine and can be selected as normal. Gonna glare all over the CK to see if there is some option that causes it, that prevents selecting stuff with shaders, but that would be immeasurably stupid. Gonna try key commands too, might work.

Report on tests.

NOTHING, this is for me an unfixable and unavoidable issue. Anything with a shader on it, you can effectively drag to the nearest trashbin, it cannot be moved without selecting stuff with a box and you must move another object to move the one with the shader. This will never be fixed by Bethesda either, they don't care after all. They're pretty much the more friendly variant of EA Games now. Gives us stuff we want then puts us on an ignore list most of the time.

Anyone else find a way to get around this sh!t? Pardon the expression, I am just indescribably annoyed with this shader issue. I've had to create shader-less objects for my mod alone to fix it, and it will take up space.

Edited by Guest