skyrim red tinted logo and loading

eshesj

i was trying to change ugrid... I ve done savini and refresh ini in console, then i downloaded a tweaked ini file available in skyrimnexus. I think the overall graphics improved, but the logo and loading models tinted in red.... i tried to run the game with my old ini and prefs but no matter what i do its always red....

I'm having the same issue, When it had happened to me with the 1.2 (or earlier, I forget) I just deleted the three fBrightLightColor lines from the ini and it went back to normal. That doesn't work any more.

My old ini's don't fix it, nor does deleting them both and forcing the launcher to recreate them. ENB's changes helped (or at least covered up the problem) but I don't like how it changes the overall look of the game. Plus there's a hit to the FPS.

I remember that glitch... and for some reason with every load, my pref ini file doubled in size, filling up with useless junk that would cause the game to become exponentially more unstable with every load :|

Then I reverted to my original ini files and everything worked fine. So I never did get the ugrid changes to work right.

There was an issue in 1.2. I don't know if its fixed since.

First, for the fix, go in your Skyrim /Data folder and look for any INI files. They might be named after a mod. Mine was named after Realisitc Water Texture even if I had uninstalled it. Go figure. Delete any INI files that looks like the ones made by saveini.

Then for ugrids:

Don't use saveini. Do the setini command, then alt tab, edit your own customized ini file (which doesn't have to be the full 41KB version), change ugrids back to 5 or whatever else you want, save, alt tab, use refreshini in game, save your game. Quit and reload game and your save should work.

• 2 weeks later...

First, for the fix, go in your Skyrim /Data folder and look for any INI files. They might be named after a mod. Mine was named after Realisitc Water Texture even if I had uninstalled it. Go figure. Delete any INI files that looks like the ones made by saveini.

Then for ugrids:

Don't use saveini. Do the setini command, then alt tab, edit your own customized ini file (which doesn't have to be the full 41KB version), change ugrids back to 5 or whatever else you want, save, alt tab, use refreshini in game, save your game. Quit and reload game and your save should work.

Thanks a lot ! You save my save. Kudos. :)

• 1 month later...

Then for ugrids:

Oh jebus! I thought my days of time invested in Skyrim were lost before I stumbled onto your post. Your information saved my saves! Thanks!

Edited by GusJake

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just fixed this thanks to two things.

First this post and my reply:

This happened because you probably used the "saveini" command in the console.

To get rid of it, go to your skyrim.ini (My games/Skyrim/skyrim.ini)

and look for these lines and DELETE them.

rUIMistMenu_AmbientZPosRGB=0,0,0

rUIMistMenu_AmbientZNegRGB=0,0,0

rUIMistMenu_AmbientYPosRGB=0,0,0

rUIMistMenu_AmbientYNegRGB=0,0,0

rUIMistMenu_AmbientXPosRGB=0,0,0

rUIMistMenu_AmbientXNegRGB=0,0,0

For the map looking ugly, Look for

fMapMenuOverlaySnowScale=0.0000

fMapMenuOverlayScale=0.0000

Delete those values and you are good to go.

Don't use saveini next time as it bloats up the Skyrim.ini file.

I actually found those files in a .INI in my data folder and deleted those to stop the red tint and crashing on loading save games. STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THE LOADING ISSUE THOUGH! Will try the ugrids reset thing without saveini command.

Seems the saveini was redirecting something to the ini in the data folder not quite sure why or how.

(I also deleted the entire ini to see if it did anything but i think it just got rid of the tint no help in crashing.)

And then using the method by ecirbaf:

Thanks for this and hopefully with ugrids set to 9 i can now be fine up in the mountains (as that was the only place i got issues) at least til i can get a new CPU and more RAM though from what i have heard that is not a guaranteed fix either.

• 5 weeks later...