Your textures are making me crash...

thefinn

I put on a bunch of new textures, I have the 4gb exe, dragon script and SKSE all working together just fine.

If I put new textures in for landscape, flora/fauna or NPC's - Skyrim crashes about 10x more than if I don't. I mean it crashes like once an hour or so... I do have quite a few mods running at this point for gameplay stuff, not really graphical.

One texture I do have running are for better faces it seems not to be too shitty about this one.

Anyone else having issues with this kind of thing?

Also I checked and it's not anywhere near the 4gb memory limit (I have 8gb in the machine 6 cores and a 6970 2gb graphics card - it's a decent machine).

Edited by thefinn

Hey csgators! what textures are you running?...just want to compare them with mine. Maybe I'm running to many and there is a conflict. Cheers mate!!

Serious HD Retexture Landscape Skyrim

Realistic Water Textures

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

HQ Towns and Villages

Yeah I likewise had the flora and fauna textures - and it's a pity because the crashes definitely increased after adding that one. I really like that one, you can see the veins on every leaf.

After taking all the textures out leaving only female nudes and improved faces, I've played all yesterday (skyrim addict in the making) and had zero crashes.

The other textures I had added were the HQ Towns and Villages, NPC Clothing (can't remember the exact names), and flora/fauna.

I wonder if it's the engine not handling for some reason (bad programming - although this seems remote) or something specific to do with way the textures are being made.