Make Weapon a light source

Hey Nexus,

I'm having a little issue with a weapon I'm setting up for the game. I want it to be the source of a specific light effect, but I just can't seem to make it work. I tried it by adding it as some kind of enchantment, but that didn't work, and I'm a bit confused as to how you can actually do that.

So how does it work? :o

Thanks in advance

FreshTheFallen

Well, tuns out I still have no idea how it works. I tried doing it the way someone explained in another thread (see last link) but that didn'T work out, since "Constant Effect" apparently is no valid enchantment effect on a weapon.

Then I tried finding out how the Dawnbreaker mod did it (see Tamira's link), but I have no idea how it works. Couldn't find anything in the CK as to how it works, apparently the mesh of the weapon itself wasn't changed either.

So, anyone else an idea?

• 1 month later...

For anyone also looking into that, I looked at the implementation used here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52941/?

and managed to have my weapon act as a light source.

You basically create a light effect as a magic effect, add whatever light you want it to be as teh associated object. Then you create a spell with that particular effect. Then you create another magic effect (and HERE comes the clue), add the spell you just created as the equip ability, and add that one to an enchantment that can actually be attached to a weapon and attach it to the weapon you want to be the light source.