[WIP] D&D - Forgotten Realms (Total Conversion)

ChacalIK

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance your using AD&D rules? It was the last edition worth playing.

I agree. 4th edition was for short attention spans and MMO lovers. 3rd was alright if you could get players who weren't lazy and expected stat sheets to be handed to them every level.

If this is truly an Icewind Dale mod may I suggest it based off the 2nd edition ruleset, or even 3rd edition.

This project sounds awesome! Been a fan of deep roleplaying games since I first came in touch with them many years ago! :D

I wanted to do something similar, but I decided to stick with Skyrim's world and just remake everything else instead of also creating a new game world... I'd offer help, but I do not really have time due to my current project and some other ideas :(

Only a suggestion: Might it not be better to make the whole project so that it starts from a major city with a harbor like Deepwater or Baldur's Gate? Might be a better approach for using an "expand with every release" concept - you just have more options with a large city in it, can explain more racial diversity. But of course, it's your project. Just throwing in my two cents! :)

Good luck! :D

• 11 months later...

So where's this at? I like how your first post starts out mocking players for their preferences, saying who this mod is for ("True Roleplayers!" - what a croc btw) with nothing to show for it. Where's the mod? Where's the screenshots of your custom area with LOD built, etc? Not even a set of armor with some Forgotten Realms textures?

Yeah, how bout making something before jumping on the forums and saying stuff like this.

Not a big fan of D&D but, I would love to try this mod out it's sounds grand. I'm bored of Skyrim as it is, and yes my game is heavily modded and no where near being vanilla. I've just lost my sense of wonderment, and this mods seems like it'll bring that back to me. Good on you, can't wait to try it out.

One of the most ambitious projects I've seen in a long while. Is this overwriting Skyrim? Or could you possible make it separate like another world or a different game all together? Like Nerhim for Oblivion. Also I love the D&D series. Back when it was just D&D and AD&D. Pen and dice in hand, RTR (Ready to Roleplay) Love this idea!

I would like to help Im free to help in anyway. Im a veteran myself at modding. Very good with AI, Navmeshing and creating FX or Effects for Spells.

Edit: Lol looking back at the post date this mod has been a Work In Progress since 2011. So I wonder if this is even alive still?

Edited by SpiderAkiraC

• 3 months later...

@spider if you are interested in D&D style gaming check this site - http://roll20.net/

Also an old D&D player who stepped back after giving up on the 3rd edition ruleset.

Before I stopped, I was using 2nd edition, with my own house rules that incorporates some of the newer ideas and, ( I think ) without the necessity to be a mathematician - and one of my players was a mathematician.

• 1 month later...

I am a terrible modeller and have no texture resources, but I would like to see someone at least make some races based of D&D humanoids instead of naked Asian girls, haha. Here are some super shitty models I have done, and would be happy to share any files with legit moders who would make a race or even new creature out of them.
If anything I hope this at least inspires someone with talent to create something better.

(First Time really being on the forum so I have no idea how to upload proper images, I downsizes the bugbear and can only upload 2 images so here you go)

BUG BEAR HEAD

BUG BEAR BODY (To be replaced with skin texture)

• 7 months later...