Creation kit: render window completely black

I got the automatic update when Steam was launched, then the render window in CK went black. Then did the Beth launcher and was notified of the update, waited until I got the update complete message, relaunched CK and it's good to go.

on the Beth Launcher choose CK SE then click Options, Ps Don't use CK64 Beta, I just have Auto Update Enabled nothing else.

No Steam Beta

No CK64 Beta

It buggy enough for me, don't want test it, just give me latest "Stable" (If you believe that) version.

Edited by PeterMartyr

I have a similar problem, but I think it's something else... Instead of getting the giant red diamonds with the exclamation mark for broken meshes like in the old CK, the entire render window goes black as soon as the object comes into view. And, as soon as I move the camera elsewhere, the render window is fine again. Anyone else having this issue?

Fix or remove the nif dude remember what crashes or stuff up your game does the same to the kit.

Friggen replacer or Loose Mods half arse converted are to blame, or you using Oldrim stuff poorly ported.

Not a issues for those in the know. Stop being N00bie & making something of nothing.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79797/?

Hope you know how to write a bat file?

NifModify.exe "e:\1" "e:\2" "c:\games\skyrim\data" --nofilecheck

Update tangents and bitangents on all meshes in "e:\1" including subdirectories and save them into "e:\2" using the same directories structure

Re-installing/updating the CK in the beth launcher will fix this. Only thing is you need to move back all source files to where they belong.

Save your CK inis before hand.

In fact back up your entire scripts folder.

Edited by Lisselli