No heads, pink fingers, new computer

Cyberweasel89

I transferred my files to a new computer. Now everyone's heads are replaced with red ! diamonds (except a floating set of teeth), and everyone's hands are pink. I thought it was archiveinvalidation, so I reactivated it (had to show it where fallout.ini_defualt was), but it's still doing it. What's going on? >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I tried reinstalling my game. When steam validates my files, the bar gets to the end before I get a message saying 1 file couldn't be validated and needed to be reacquired... Then that's it. Same thing if I try to reinstall it again.

Any idea what's going on?

Did you try running the Launcher program once you got to the new PC? With a different computer you're dealing with a different set of hardware, and the Launcher will auto-detect it all and set you up. You'll lose your ini tweaks but it might just fix it so that it runs.

Huh... That's... really weird...

The game runs fine as long as the number of mods are up to 9F

Once I activate another mod, any other mod, to make the bottom one A0, it says my previous saves are corrupt, and the heads when I start a new game are all red exclamation points...

That's not all. Even when I have mods just up to 9F, the eyes are pink on everyone.

That's 160 mods on the dot, I think... This can't be a coincidence...

Edited by Cyberweasel89