always crossing paths

AtlasS

I have an alt start mod that I enjoy very much as it detaches me from the main quest jumbo before the main quest begins. however to complete certain quest lines(civil war, unlocking the windhelm house etc) you cross a point that occurs in the main quest, and you can't continue this side/faction line until that point in the main quest has been passed.

This pisses me off, I was under the impression that the whole game flows with what you have/havent done and would compensate for me not WANTING to do the main quest

RRRRRRRRRRRRR

anyone else have tales of woe in these cases

Usually that would be the case but not wanting to do the main quest and installing an alt start mod are two different things.

My alt start prevents the main quest starting up in my journal, I could still do it but its not in my journal clogging my view(i know that sounds stupid)

Wait theres an alternate start mod for Skyrim? Where is this miracle? Please direct me to it.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3428

its not plug and play, but it works well until the creation kit is out

Thanks I'll give it a go. :thumbsup: It might be okay until the CK comes out. So sick of starting a new character from my pre execution save.

Wait theres an alternate start mod for Skyrim? Where is this miracle? Please direct me to it.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3428

its not plug and play, but it works well until the creation kit is out

Thanks I'll give it a go. :thumbsup: It might be okay until the CK comes out. So sick of starting a new character from my pre execution save.

oh, and to fix the constant new game thing that happens. once you make a character and save. close the game, open the skyrim.ini and delete the line you put in there, or put like a //~~ or something infront of it so it doesnt read the code everytime you start the game

Happy hunting