Mod creation for noobes....anyone...anyone?

RayD8

I am new to pc gaming an the nexus. I became interested only after the release of mods to xbox for fallout 4. I seen all this amazing content being created by authors on here and heard about how great the community was....so I put together enough pennies to buy my first gaming pc as fast as I could. I really wanted to be a part of it. I was like a kid in a candy shop with all this new great content...But literally had no idea what I was doing (still really dont)..but ive come a long way with the help of a million how to videos available. The problem for me is that being so new to a pc, I sometimes need to bounce the info back at someone to get a grasp of things I just heard..or ask a question why I had to do a step in the process instead of just doing it and not really knowing why. But I have reached out to various authors for help and have...for the most part been ignored. I get it, you are busy, or maybe it was a stupid question...but for the love of god is there anyone out there that is willing to kind of help me out in finishing a mod..where to get the software/tools I need and will let me bounce ideas or thoughts off of them. I am reading and researching a lot...I am currently trying to get an .nif file into my game, that I created with outfit studio... do i use the creation kit??? getting a little help to maybe speed up the learning process would be greatly appreciated.

Well, the first place I would point you would be Elianora's youtube channel, she has a fair amount of tutorials on different things, maybe you can find what you need there. Other than that you might try looking in the modders resources and tutorials section of the FO4 nexus. Hope it helps.

Eli's channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/L4iL4iH3i/videos

Tutorials section-http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=18

search for 3ds, blender for the model meshes

Photoshop or gimp for the textures

outfit studio, nifskope, fo4edit and the creation kit are also required to convert what you create from file in .3ds or .obj to .nif that is the file that the game need

Also search on youtube, google, skyrim nexus, fallout nexus and, oblivion nexus all the tutorial about this programs.

Yea I have the .nif file. I made it in outfit studio. I have nifskope. I have been looking at other mod contents to try to figure out how to get it into the game. I found a Video on youtube that explains it pretty well with FO4edit. I really need to find out if I can use the creation kit to get it into game and how to do that. I feel like I am pretty close to figuring it out. More videos I guess. Thanks for the help.