Important Mod Request: Yoko Ritona's Outfit

KnightOfOrder

Modders out there, this a desperate request for help!!!

Some months ago, a Japanese modder released some screenshots of a Mod featuring Yoko Ritona from the anime series Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

After searching all over the Internet, I gave up and decided to upload a video request on Youtube, hoping that someone would tell me where to find it.

My Video Request:

Later, I found out that the guy who made it was pissed off by some f***in' morons who kept buggin' him to release it ASAP, and so he never released it to public.

Some time later, I e-mailed the BAB team (creators of the wonderful BAB Oblivion Mod) if they could recreate Yoko's outfit and hairstyle basing on the screenshots I sent them.

Unfortunately, they didn't answer...

My final request is, can anyone there do it, making a lot of Oblivion player happy and giving my mental sanity back?

We'll be very grateful!!!

Screenshots here:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb153/Ganjalf89/1.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb153/Ganjalf89/9.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb153/Ganjalf89/10.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb153/Ganjalf89/14.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another image for you:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6435/1158711072660dj3.jpg

I've several mods that could be retextured to suit. I've a 3DS Max mesh very similar to the boots though have no idea about rigging.

About the only things I don't have, can't think of, would be the gun and scarf thing. I've a few meshes for various glasses and I'm sure I've seen that hair style somewhere.

It's doable, though.

It's doable, though.

Nah, it's just 1337 photoshopping skillz.

Ok, seriously, if it's been done it's obviously doable, and it's obviously been done. The problem is finding it. And that is the problem since many of our Japanese counterparts don't seem very keen on making their stuff available. The lack of any single source for Japanese mods (as far as I've been able to determine) other than 2chan doesn't help things. I would suggest spending alot of time browsing through google.

Here's some gana to help you in your search.

天元突破 グレンラガン (the name of the anime)

ヨ-コ (Yoko... The character's name)

Chances are though that you won't find it, and won't find anyone else willing to do anything similar due to it being related to an anime few people know about. If it looked like something more substantial, you might be able to get more interest. It is afterall the business of the one who made the mod to decide not to release it. And being a modder, I can accept and support that decision by encouraging people to not try and replicate the results just because someone is requesting it. Afterall if you decided to hold back a mod because people were annoying the hell out of you over it, you wouldn't appreciate someone else making the mod instead. People who find it necessary to harass capable modders should deal with the results. We mod because we like to mod, not because you beg and plead us to.

It is afterall the business of the one who made the mod to decide not to release it. And being a modder, I can accept and support that decision by encouraging people to not try and replicate the results just because someone is requesting it.

I have to agree. I'm a modder and have an unreleased new mesh which I've only allowed two people to have so far. If someone else came along, saw it, wanted it and replicated it then released it as their own (or just kept it and showed it around) I'd be rather pissed, too.

If I implied I was willing to help I now withdraw that.

:cool:

I have to agree. I'm a modder and have an unreleased new mesh which I've only allowed two people to have so far. If someone else came along, saw it, wanted it and replicated it then released it as their own (or just kept it and showed it around) I'd be rather pissed, too.

Oh... Now that I think about it, you're all right guys... Let's forget about it.

Sorry for bothering you people so much for this. I didn't want to look like some kind of plagiator or such... I feel really sorry.

The request is officially withdrawn: I'll also delete my video from Youtube.

Oh... Now that I think about it, you're all right guys... Let's forget about it.

Sorry for bothering you people so much for this. I didn't want to look like some kind of plagiator or such... I feel really sorry.

The request is officially withdrawn: I'll also delete my video from Youtube.

NO! Don't! I want that mod! Just to play! I don't know anything about modding (except REALLY basic stuff), and I've been looking for this for AGES!!!

So please, don't delete it! :(

NO! Don't! I want that mod! Just to play! I don't know anything about modding (except REALLY basic stuff), and I've been looking for this for AGES!!!

So please, don't delete it!

Aw, I don't know... I've just deleted the video from 'Tube - and well, about modding, I'm a total newbie (or, in 1337 speak: I R T3H N00B4G3 LOL).

It's like I'm doing "idea leeching" or plagiarism by using other people's work...

If only someone here knew Japanese and could contact that mysterious modder through the Oblivion JP modders' community!!! (Kind of a vain hope... I don't even know who he his, nor if he plays/mods anymore) :confused:

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm new to oblivion, actually in fact I don't own it yet. But I have been drooling over this model for the past year or more.

I just today joined and have been extensively reviewing the character mods here. And from what I can conclude the parts are taken from other mods and have been reskinned for yoko.

Since I have a background in 3dmodeling, rigging, animation and texturing. I feel I maybe qualified enough to make this forbidden mod a reality. :)

Until then wish me luck, since I haven't checked this games pc requirements yet, lol

edit

oh good my pc barely meets this

# Windows XP

# 512MB System RAM

# 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

# 128MB Direct3D compatible video card

# and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

ok one question if someone can answer;

if my understanding is correct there is support for full import, export of skinned and static model objects. if not, then what is moddable? so far I keep seeing the same body types.. so i ask why arn't people modding the bodies? or more importantly hair and faces, is modding this possible from a modeling stand point

• 7 years later...

ok one question if someone can answer;if my understanding is correct there is support for full import, export of skinned and static model objects. if not, then what is moddable? so far I keep seeing the same body types.. so i ask why arn't people modding the bodies? or more importantly hair and faces, is modding this possible from a modeling stand point

Yes it should not be difficult, but I could look into it, I think nifscope is used.