Flight Cap.nif is crashing my game (I think)

Murielkai

So I am making a mod that uses the combat helmet and noticed that the armor is causing my save game to crash when loading into the game. I went through every piece of armor and it is without a doubt the flight cap.nif that is attached to the combat helmet. I have a material swap set up for the flight cap and it works just fine until i exit the game and try to re-enter, then it crashes. What is strange is, if I load another save without the item equiped first I can then load the save with the item equiped and it loads fine, as long as I am already in game.

I tried isolating the flight cap .nif and moved it to a another folder then changed the materials path but when I save it in nifskope and re-load the textures don't appear on the nif like they should. I can load into the game like this but the flight cap is missing. I would think that the mesh would still appear in game with a pink hue due to no texture. I am genuinely confused at this point. Is there some problem with the flight cap nif for fallout 4 or am I missing something stupid?

Edit: It seems that its the material swap for the flight cap... when I remove the mwsp from the combat helmet the game loads in just fine. Is the nif for the flight cap set up in some strange way that might be causing this? I didn't notice this happening until I installed "Combat Helmet Illumination" and that mod actually says that it doesn't work with mods that do material swaps on the combat helmet, i believe. But I completely remove all traces of that mod and the game still crashes so I am at a loss here.

Any insight into this would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Murielkai

After further research it seems if I even place loose texture re placers in the clothes/hats folder for the flightcap... the game crashes. What could cause this? I've never seen anything like it.

Edit: Derp, one of the textures was 2096 instead of 2048. Heh.

Edited by Murielkai