[HELP] Can't find the cause of this CTD on load (Skyrim classic)

Leoxs996

You should reinstall steam & skyrim away from the x86 folder. I dont use it but I would guess MO should also be moved. That will ensure all registry keys are set properly. May take a while but should cut down on time spent troubleshooting. It fixed a lot of my problems.

That would take time, indeed. But I'm out of ideas, so trying it could not hurt.

Well, I moved Steam and MO to the drive's root and, guess what? It still crashes, now shortly after the new game loading screen finishes.

Edit: I disabled Skyrim Unbound and it still crashes, so the problem is not with that mod.

Edited by Leoxs996

Thought it was maybe a memory issue, so tried lowering the settings + safetyload + DynDOLOD + increased the SKSE memory patch from 768mb to 1024mb. Nothing. It has to be a mod conflict that I cannot seem to spot.

Edited by Leoxs996

Also, if using MO, ensure that your left pane is matching your right pane load order.

Generally, my install order on NMM, or my Load order for MO is this:
Skyrim
Update
Dawnguard
Hearthfire
Dragonborn
USLEEP
SKSE Scripts (make sure these are properly installed and if you don't have it, you better get it)
[Any mods that are utilities] (Bug fixes, safety load, better messagebox controls,...)
[Custom Body Meshes]
[Custom Body Textures]
[All other ESPs]
[Animations]
[Custom Skeleton](Xp32mse,...)
Alternate Start
Bashed Patch (If using Wrye Bash)
Dual Sheath Patch (if Using it)
RSPatch (Last almost always)

I organize my left and right panes to match the above order and then run LOOT. It will sort my right pane to where it wants my mods to go, then I organize my left side to match it on the right. If I want a specific texture to take priority over another, I organize it on the left as such, but don't touch the right side.

That was it! My left pane was a mess compared to mi right pane (something like Falskaar overwriting a mod, when it should be that mod overwriting Falskaar). Started a game, fought, saved and loaded with no issues (so far). So that's a reminder for me: read the damn software instructions.

Thank you very much for your help!

Don't fret, walls of text are my enemy, and the enemy of many. You are not alone. Eventually you'll get to the point you can visually skip a lot as you recognize certain things, but I still will go over that wall of text for a mod to ensure I have everything set up right. In my opinion, the wall of text is better than random or consistent ctds