Improved Skyrim shorelines

mortesium

From Dust did it pretty well, despite it being specifically tailored to do so.

In any case, it should be able to run it. They said they've updated the bloody engine like two f***ing times, so I'm determined to see it done.

If not, then I would assume you could just do something along the lines of what happens during the Battle for Whiterun; Where the city becomes completely destroyed after you pick up the quest. Just, a little less trouble.

I believe it would actually be more trouble opposed to less. Whiterun is full of static models which they moved around and swapped out for broken versions. They were only able to make it like that because you weren't in the city when the change happened, they didn't have it break with you there to watch.

Water is not a static model, it is a base entity. If you turn tcl on and float under the landscape and then turn it off you will fall down and land in water. Water and null space are the two base properties of existence in their engine. The small puddles they have in dungeons on flat surfaces might work, but I think they are static objects and would be subject to the same problem as going from perfect models to broken models. It might be possible though and they just didn't allow you to be in the town when the changes were made for memory reasons or simply because it makes little sense if there is no transition.

But for deep puddles, I don't think we will be seeing that in any TES game.

Water is not a static model, it is a base entity. If you turn tcl on and float under the landscape and then turn it off you will fall down and land in water. Water and null space are the two base properties of existence in their engine.

That's deep.

I tend to think the water effects are just fine actually. Just the geometry around the lakes and rivers bother me. As for the beaches and shorelines they do seem a little bare, in some places it is a fitting look and others it is a bit odd to look at being so bear. Mostly the northern shores deserve to be wasteland looking.

• 3 weeks later...
OP, I'm glad I searched and found your thread. This is exactly what I want. I'm not worried about the overall textures of the water at the moment, but the shorelines are really jarring. There's just a stark line where the water meets the land, and I especially noticed it up by the Sea of Ghosts. It looks bad. I would love to see a mod that fixes this. I don't even require crashing waves, just something that gives some foam and bubble effects on the shoreline or something.

like to see more waves at the shore, it is at the freaking ocean. I have never seen a ocean looking like an lake. I been at sea for 17 years and yes the sea can look like a mirrow but it is still wavem and at the shore line they will break..

• 3 months later...