Will the Summerset Isles be the next, most logical place for TESVI?

SpellAndShield

Why restrict the game to 1 or 2 provinces? I would like to see a massive game that spans the entire continent of Tamriel and maybe even parts or the whole of Atmora

Because the more land they have in the game the sparser the content becomes. Imagine the content of Skyrim stretched out on 2-3 times the current size. So I prefere it when they let it stay reasonable small but fill it with content.

I kind of want Elsweyr, not because I like the Khajiit (never had a Khajiit char as far as I remember) but I love deserts, they are at the same wide open and can still hide cities right in front of your eyes, water might be a problem, nomads, giant mountains, ancient cities full of undeads ... and no snow. Can't really expain it, but give me either a normal climate like Cyrodill or a desert + perhaps a bit of jungle and I am happy.

Another possibility (although one unlikely) for me would be an Oblivion plane, something like Shivering Isles only even freakier. It would open up the possibilities for architecture and landscape that are impossible in Tamriel. Perhaps houses made out of giant walking or at least living bugs or a world where the whole landscape is floating in the skies, littles isles of dirt with one or two houses on it, flying next or over each other making up whole cities. I know that sounds more like ideas for mods then something Bethesda would ever do but I can dream can't I?

But the realist in me thinks that yes .. the conflict with the Aldmeri Dominion will be the next big game (too big for a DLC ... perhaps an Addon, but I doubt it) so most likely it will be about the same as in Skyrim, you can join one side or the other and slowly take over the cities and ultimately kill the opposite leader.

I think that Hammerfell would be the best marketable province. It is a desert environment -> nice "contrast" to Skyrim and not too bloomy fantasy like it was in Morrowind. Now don't get me wrong, I loved Morrowind but the thing is that "more realistic" worlds do kind of better sell these days and a desert should be easier to design/develop, at least I think it is ... :whistling: The name is also very catchy (in my opinion though).

I hope this makes sense in any way.

Btw it's my first post, yay!

I think Summerset Isles would be logical, yes, considering the Thalmor and all that. And it would also be very interesting. Perhaps a Valenwood expansion pack, as well? ;) Something tells me the next game will be an "Empire Strikes Back" type deal, and those locations would be perfect. :P

Although, considering the secession of Argonia (Black Marsh) and Elsweyr from the Empire, I can see a sequel in either one of those areas as well.

Any one of those would be nice, really.

I don't think they will go another centuries long leap between Skyrim and the next game.

It would put it into the time period where in our world guns started to appear.

And that wouldn't work very well for a franchise like the Elderscrolls.

I personally think that doing Valenwood would be the best move, I think for DLC they might do something like knights of the nine for Skyrim - or perhaps extend the territory to High rock - which would be awesome.

200 years later in a world ruled by the almighty and powerful Thalmor. Your character can either rise up with the aid of some choice of allies and defeat the Thalmor and restore order to the lands. Or your character can vanquish all who oppose the Thalmor and become Supreme Overlord over the lands =)

Long Live the mighty Aldmeri Dominion!

I don't think they will go another centuries long leap between Skyrim and the next game.

It would put it into the time period where in our world guns started to appear.

And that wouldn't work very well for a franchise like the Elderscrolls.

Time really has no bearing on technological advancement in Tamriel. I'd like to see the next game go back to when the Dwemer were at their peak. Or even just after they collapsed - Fallout 3 with magic!

And nuts to a single province. If it takes another 5 years, I want the whole continent!

Edited by gigantibyte