New NVIDIA Beta Drivers 290.53 - 25% Performance Increase in Skyrim

rajendra82

I never used the 4GB Mod and i shall wait for the Official Nvidia Release, thanks ;)

When will it get released and why is it taking so long. :unsure:

I guess you will also be waiting on Bethesda to officially fix PC UI to be more mouse centric and less consolized. :wallbash:

I guess you will also be waiting on Bethesda to officially fix PC UI to be more mouse centric and less consolized. :wallbash:
I dont know what that means, but after Re-starting the Game for a 4th time (Twice Breton - Once Dark Elf - Now Red Guard) i have decided to Quit the Game and wait for all the Quest Bugs to be fixed by Bethesda and then wait for Mods that the Creation Toolkit can build.

By that time, the New Nvidia Driver is Released and i have a feeling coming back to Skyrim will be in February.

I never used the 4GB Mod and i shall wait for the Official Nvidia Release, thanks ;)

When will it get released and why is it taking so long. :unsure:

Nvidia beta drivers can be trusted. And there's no real point in waiting for the official release, as Nvidia doesn't stick to a release schedule like ATI does. Nvidia might release a driver one month, and then go 5 months without another, and then suddenly release several in quick succession. It's totally random with them, and if you insist on waiting, you may be waiting for some time. At this point where almost coming up on two months since their last official release.

I installed these yesterday. With a gtx 450 I noticed no changes, mayby 1-3 fps increase, but I'm a noob at testing this kind of stuff. We are slowly getting there folks. There's still hope for a better Skyrim, PC friendly to!

OMG 25%! My 8800GT will become all-powerful!

Lol...

I am so glad my Asus 570gtx is coming...I can't stand some areas dropping below 20fps and stuttering every second.

On my GTX560, there are some areas that still drop to below 20 FPS (e.g., top of stairs leading out of Dragonsreach looking over Whiterun). Nothing anyone (other than Bethesda) can do anything about that. I haven't really noticed a lot of framerate bump since installing the new drivers. The image quality of SSAO seems to have less flickering though, and there seems to be less stuttering as I move around.

Edited by rajendra82

I installed these yesterday. With a gtx 450 I noticed no changes, mayby 1-3 fps increase, but I'm a noob at testing this kind of stuff. We are slowly getting there folks. There's still hope for a better Skyrim, PC friendly to!

What he said, i just Installed it and noticed no diffrence on my Geforce 570 Card, plus the Self Shadows are Horrible.