FO3 Bigger World

betto212

Dont know if someone already thinked on it but after the bigtown quest when the guy say that megaton dont accept new residents and rivet city is too far (its pretty closo to my standarts)

i thinked the "world " of FO3 is too small ,everything is too close

would be wonderful make the map 9 times bigger 3x3 with vault 101/ megaton area in the center

just filling the gaps with ugly glass ,houses ,etc

dont know if this is possible without have to remake all quests and etc

Edited by betto212

It might be possible with only minor quest adjustments, if locations were just spaced out further. 9x bigger would require 8 more world size areas, which would be no small undertaking. It would also depend if the game engine could support a world area that large. Would you want the subway system revamped to reflect the new world size?

On the plus side, one could incorporate and showcase (with permission) many of the custom houses/buildings/subways already created by other modders.

I totally agree that the world seems small. It does not take too much wandering before areas become familiar. This would be a great conversion project!

It might be possible with only minor quest adjustments, if locations were just spaced out further. 9x bigger would require 8 more world size areas, which would be no small undertaking. It would also depend if the game engine could support a world area that large. Would you want the subway system revamped to reflect the new world size?

On the plus side, one could incorporate and showcase (with permission) many of the custom houses/buildings/subways already created by other modders.

I totally agree that the world seems small. It does not take too much wandering before areas become familiar. This would be a great conversion project!

just make the world bigger would be pretty a improvment if 9x bigger(3x3) is not possible ,maybe 4x bigger (2x2)

i agree there are too many wonderful mods but add more location make the map even more cramped ,its a shame

the subway lines are colapsed on most parts it would do the trick for the areas far from the down town

in the down town keeping the subways intact as possible or if need put door travel enter here exit there.

Edited by betto212

There was some project a while back that was working on making the entirety of the Capitol Wasteland to scale with the real-world Washington D.C. area. Dunno what happened to it; but it's probably defunct now.

well what i had in mind is trasport entire cells and put clean one in the middle for start would be much easier i think

Just wondering someone already made a proof of concept ?

Edited by betto212