Giant eagles

tobbe84

Some very complicated models you ask for there. Well, maybe not complicated, but you need a decent modeller for it.

And, not to be a douche, there are few of thoose around. I know of perhaps 1 or 2 people who are good enough in 3d to pull of something like a Gryphon. An Eagle isn't as bad, but require some good knowledge to pull off good feathers.

Have you seen the model for the eagles in Skyrim? Let alone the textures?

I think anything would be better than what Beth did.

Not my point. Heck, couldn't be further away.

Try model an eagle from scratch. Come back to me in a month. It's tricky, mostly since the feathers need to look clean, but the anatomy must still be right.

I never said anything about Bethesdas model.

Have you seen the model for the eagles in Skyrim? Let alone the textures?

I think anything would be better than what Beth did.

Not my point. Heck, couldn't be further away.

Try model an eagle from scratch. Come back to me in a month. It's tricky, mostly since the feathers need to look clean, but the anatomy must still be right.

I never said anything about Bethesdas model.

Nice ninja edit there bro.

I was talking about the eagles, not the gryphons.

In any case, if I were to do it, I'd do the feathers with textures and transparent panels, instead of modeling them one by f***ing one like a tool.

Anyways, you could probably chop up and galvanize the Dragon model and animations. Make the neck shorter, remove the tail, replace the head with a bird's, etc. Hell I don't know.

Edited by IxionInc

instead of modeling them one by f***ing one like a tool.

Quality first. For good quality, you sculpt them in. Perhaps not one by one, but tou do it.

I was talking about the eagles, not the gryphons.

So did I?

You could smack an eagle model together in 15 minutes. It would look like crap. You could also sculpt it, using Alpha to get a texture of the feather, and sculpt them in. Then you could have some variation in it, and bake. From there you could have animated feathers.

You could also get a feather alpha and slap it on, manually adjusting each plane to make it look good, then baking down to less planes to keep a better polycount.

I've modelled a few Eagles in the past, and they give me a headache each time.

You need modellers with some experience to model creatures. And by that I mean 1 year and more. How many of thoose do we got? 5-10 that is active on the forum? 40 in total?

I never mentioned using Bethesdas Eagle model, because I never found their "minor" models to look any good. It doable, of course, to just scale it up and make it attackable.