Get the NPCs to STFU!

YunaFire

I'm in Whiterun, just exploring the marketplace and there's at least five conversations going on at once. Obviously, one expects that in a marketplace, but every single conversation is directed at the player. Its every NPC talking to the main character if the camera even *looks* in their direction. Cool the first time, but not every few seconds, and the repeated lines really break the immersion. Things like "I'M THE CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD", for instance.

Worse is how the nps will walk by as you're engaged in a conversation already just to say something stupid, or chase you down in the street just to go "DID YOU KNOW FRUITS GROW IN THE WINTER?!" or some such.

Pretty much I'd love a mod that could turn most all of these off at the very least drastically reduce their frequency.

I have to say, I've never had someone run up to me, and I've never heard them say that fruits grow in the winter.

That would be silly.

Although Nazeem is a douche and needs to shut the hell up about the Cloud District, cause I'm sick of his face.

Edited by IxionInc

Maybe I just bumped into her, but its the little girl in Whiterun, who threatens the 'baby Battle-born' to give her money or she'll beat him up. At the time I was just standing in the marketplace, listening to two people talk by one of the stalls, when she told me that. Then you have the guards passing by and talking about useless crap.

Walking down the road prompts some random guy to go 'You know, everyone is obsessed with death!'

Once in a while is fine, but just the constant chatter of people *directly at the player* gets real old.