Startled Birds and FUS RO DAH

Spl1nt3rC3ll

When you exit Riverwood, a flock of birds will take flight from a nearby tree. This seems to be the only place in Skyrim where this happens. I was under the impression this would be a common occurrence, but it's not. Could a mod be made that adds more of those trees to the world?

As an added bonus, using FUS RO DAH should activate said "startled bird" animation from nearby trees.

If possible, I'd like it if the player is more likely to startle birds when going from very quiet to very noisy-- like sneaking along with no armor to suddenly breaking into a run wearing all heavy armor. (that's an extreme example, but you get the idea.) Maybe, for game play purposes, there's a critical chance it'll alert the enemies you're trying to sneak up on.

It should also work for enemies, too-- imagine walking along, minding your business, and suddenly not only does the music track stop dead but a flock of birds takes off, leaving only silence-- then a wolf howls.... that'd really add to the atmosphere. Also, more likely in treed or at least covered areas than in the plains... that would seem more logical to me at least.

I wouldn't want it ALL the time, it'd get old really fast. But, there's ways to pepper it in conservatively.

If possible, I'd like it if the player is more likely to startle birds when going from very quiet to very noisy-- like sneaking along with no armor to suddenly breaking into a run wearing all heavy armor. (that's an extreme example, but you get the idea.) Maybe, for game play purposes, there's a critical chance it'll alert the enemies you're trying to sneak up on.

It should also work for enemies, too-- imagine walking along, minding your business, and suddenly not only does the music track stop dead but a flock of birds takes off, leaving only silence-- then a wolf howls.... that'd really add to the atmosphere. Also, more likely in treed or at least covered areas than in the plains... that would seem more logical to me at least.

I wouldn't want it ALL the time, it'd get old really fast. But, there's ways to pepper it in conservatively.

Oooohh.. I'd love this to happen for dragon battles.

For me, dragon attacks seem way too... Sudden. It's like, you don't get the same feeling of dread from seeing a dragon suddenly circling you, than when you see him jump from a cliff that you originally thought was a rock.

So it'd be cool if when one happened, it just got really quiet, and all the birds flew away while this ill wind rustled through the trees or something. Or, if not a reasonable place for birds, then just a bunch of butterflies or other bugs.

For me, dragon attacks seem way too... Sudden. It's like, you don't get the same feeling of dread from seeing a dragon suddenly circling you, than when you see him jump from a cliff that you originally thought was a rock.

So it'd be cool if when one happened, it just got really quiet, and all the birds flew away while this ill wind rustled through the trees or something. Or, if not a reasonable place for birds, then just a bunch of butterflies or other bugs.

I had a moment earlier today when the first warning I was about to get Dragon'd was a shadow sweeping over me. That was a pretty good moment, atmosphere-wise.

How about, for non-bird areas, the bugs suddenly STOP. Same kind of event coding, I would think.