ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

My Personal Rant about The Nexus

avidmelon

13 members have voted

1. 1. Shall I continue this?

Yup, you heard it, a rant, about YOU! The Nexus, being my only resource for mods at the moment, is, in my HONEST opinion, kind of lacking in the community and moderation section, I'll explain this right now, this probably will get me banned, If I know the Nexus enough, I'd know that the moderators are f***ing BANHAPPY. But now, to the rant!

PART UNO: The Moderators and Their Rules!

I won't lie, I'm sure there are SOME good moderators around here, but some (or most, from what I've seen) are just a BIT banhappy, I mean, banning people for addressing their burning hatred for something? My friend got banned for trolling, when he was rather serious, good god, you moderators need to learn what "trolling" means. Now, onto the rules. Here, have them in a nutshell, including some chat rules, With my comments in parentheses.

1.NO VOICING YOUR OPINIONS IF THEY ARE NEGATIVE (I mean, if you're THAT afraid of losing modders, you need to get your head out of your ass, modders should be able to take criticism, or they wouldn't even start modding)

2.NO SWEARING (no comment, this is just bulls***)

3. NO HATING! (buuulllSHIIT)

4.NEGATIVE OPINIONS AND HATE WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT BAN (f*** that s***)

END OF RULES

PART DEAUX!: THE MODDING COMMUNITY AND ME!

Hm, surprised I'm not banned yet, welp, I simply don't like the fact that all the perverted "Z-SIZE BOUNCY TITTIES, TENTACLE RAPE,GUNS, AND ANIME" mods get the front page while the actual good mods that add something are buried beneath the s***, and get no endorsements, AT ALL. It's insulting to the people who actually want to do something with their modding skills for them to get nothing in return for a good mod! I can't even say bad things about terrible mods, but these terrible mods get the front page!? It's simply awful.

Edited by avidmelon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Constructive criticism is one thing - telling someone that their mod is s*** and they need to die in a fire - well, that's something else entirely.

I dig the community here simply because of the rules that you apparently hate.

I hope you find a community that better suits your personality and temperment. Might I suggest an anger-management course?

Be well.

1. you said its lacking in moderation but then you later went on to say they are banhappy.. contradicting

2. you can voice your opinion, in a polite way, ie:this mod has potential but it is lacking in some areas this is what i would do to fix it. vs: not my god this mod sucks take it down its pointless.

theres a difference in being a contributer or a troll

3. this isnt 4chan reddit what have you. you dont randomly start swearing at someone while having a conversation with them in real life do you? same applies here

4. there isnt really anything to say here you make no point about hating.

5. there is nothing wrong with having a negative opinion, you just need to voice it in the right way, second hate only causes problems and drama, and generally as a community as a whole we dont want that here

Constructive criticism is one thing - telling someone that their mod is s*** and they need to die in a fire - well, that's something else entirely.

I hope you find a community that better suits your personality and temperment. Might I suggest an anger-management course?

Be well.

Still, The mods ban for constructive criticism, I think, the only thing I hate is the rule that says comments are for "positive" feedback, and some other ones, this isn't the only part, I'll tell everyone everything ELSE I hate, SOON.

Still, The mods ban for constructive criticism, I think, the only thing I hate is the rule that says comments are for "positive" feedback, and some other ones, this isn't the only part, I'll tell everyone everything ELSE I hate, SOON.

they dont ban for constructive criticism, they ban for trolling, also there really is no reason to rant about your hate for the nexus, if you dont like it here there is nothing stopping you from leaving

1. you said its lacking in moderation but then you later went on to say they are banhappy.. contradicting

2. you can voice your opinion, in a polite way, ie:this mod has potential but it is lacking in some areas this is what i would do to fix it. vs: not my god this mod sucks take it down its pointless.

theres a difference in being a contributer or a troll

3. this isnt 4chan reddit what have you. you dont randomly start swearing at someone while having a conversation with them in real life do you? same applies here

4. there isnt really anything to say here you make no point about hating.

5. there is nothing wrong with having a negative opinion, you just need to voice it in the right way, second hate only causes problems and drama, and generally as a community as a whole we dont want that here

I swear in conversations, only online, though.

also, there was this mod that was in my honest opinion, I thought was terrible, but I couldn't do anything, because this place is full of communist moderators, I can't voice MY honest opinion, which pisses me off. also, the thing stopping me from leaving, is that this is the ONLY modding site for certain games that pretty much has everything

Edited by avidmelon

you shouldnt tell someone that something is just terrible, but how to make it better, that is constructive criticism, if you dont like it just move along and pay it no mind. and exactly you dont swear in conversation in real life, the same applies here, just because its through a screen is no reason to lose your mannerisms

Be well.

How about you post a reference to a case where they have banned for constructive criticism? Considering that the moderators link the reference post that was the reason for the ban in each of their "banned" posts, that shouldn't be too hard if what you say is true...

Edited by amycus

What Gahnzz says.

Without rules you can only have anarchy. I'm all for freedom and all that but in truth there is absolutely no excuse for antisocial behaviour and vulgarity.

Modders are handing over free stuff that they've spent hours making so your games can be more enjoyable. Don't like what you're offered? Move along. It's as simple as that.

If I started handing free stuff in the street and people started telling me in my face that my stuff sucks and what a big fool I am for trying to help then they would be the ones in trouble because in real life you can't hide behind your computer and your IP to get away with being a dick.

I for one am grateful that the mods ban people who are being ungrateful brats.

Welp, onto...

PART DEAUX!: THE MODDING COMMUNITY AND ME!

Hm, surprised I'm not banned yet, welp, I simply don't like the fact that all the perverted "Z-SIZE BOUNCY TITTIES, TENTACLE RAPE,GUNS, AND ANIME" mods get the front page while the actual good mods that add something are buried beneath the s***, and get no endorsements, AT ALL. It's insulting to the people who actually want to do something with their modding skills for them to get nothing in return for a good mod! I can't even say bad things about terrible mods, but these terrible mods get the front page!? It's simply awful.

Now, barrage me with even more insults!

Edited by avidmelon